Ranking my players

.sniffuM

#Last: Damien Walec

Being my namesake doesn't stop Walec from being the biggest scrub I done ever produced. A third round pick by Calgary, GM Matt Bentz claimed up and down the league that he got the biggest steal in league history because he hit me up on AIM during the draft and I said I'd come back to the league. I never even signed my rookie contract with them.

#9: Ebi Shpeen

Was never updated, although that wasn't for lack of trying. I stopped coming around pretty quick with this one, after boubs drove boom out of the league.

#8: Optimus Prime

Second round scrub. My second attempt at the league, I had some fun with him but ultimately lost interest pretty quickly.

#7: Aeschylus Jigglejawns CXXXVIII

This was a second attempt at a defenseman with the name of a god and the TPE of a fucking bum.

#6: E'Twaun Delicious

Fairly solid career but brought down by the fact he went first overall and didn't live up to that hype, or even close to it. Career second liner.

#5: Aeschylus Jigglejawns CXXXVII

Sure, he only had 132 TPE in his career, but a name like that has to knock him up a few pegs. Y'all ever seen Knocked Up? Good movie. You ever see Chef? My name is Jeff.

#4: Guillaume Isidoro Yianna Greg Adric Serpico (GIYGAS)

I stand by the gloriousness of this name. Another lifetime second liner that didn't live up to the hype, although I slowed down in his pre-draft season so he at least wasn't overdrafted, whereas with Delicious I went almost entirely inactive around his third season.

#3: Marvin Harding

The resident bum himself. This next season's gonna be big for him, I'm predicting 180 points.

#2: Joey Clarence

One of my actual good guys. As much as I fucking hated goalie I'm anticipating making another one next. This time my goalie gonna be a Hall of Famer.

#1: Tukka Reikkinen

The Wayne Gretzky of the VHL. #1 was never gonna be anyone but Reik, let's be real here.

10: scrub

9: scrub

8: scrub

7: scrub

6: scrub

5: scrub

4: scrub

3: scrub

2: scrub

1: still a scrub

11 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Surprised Giygas is behind Harding. I expect Harding to be better in the long run, but right now I would have expected Giygas to be above him.

Well I was mainly ranking by my enjoyment of the players coupled with their stature in the league. In the case of GIYGAS I was semi-active for most of his career and fully inactive for part of it as well so I don't remember him particularly fondly. With Harding I feel like I'm going at it harder than any other player since Reikkinen so even though he's had little success so far between discord, the VHLM commish job and my general activity these past two seasons the high has already been higher than the peak of GIYGAS for me.