Claimed:Claimed:Krill Lokomotiv Stops at VHL!

Girts

165294025_slide.jpg

People have said at 6'8 and 250 pounds I'm kind of a Train on the ice. Well being that my last name is Lokomotiv I guess that makes sense. Now for a little about myself...

I grew up in Uelen, Russia which is a tiny little town on the top of the Kamchatka Peninsula. There wasn't much to do for about 9 months of the year because of all the snow, so pretty much all I did was play hockey. All hockey all day for 9 months out of the year, you could say in some ways I was born from hockey. I first skated at 2yrs old as soon as I was strong enough to stand on my skates and I've haven't stopped skating since. I think skating is one of the strongest parts of my game, that and my size and offensive instincts. I have a very heavy shot and like to use my one timer from the point. I also love setting up plays though and enjoy getting an assist as much as a goal.

Also being that I grew up in Kamchatka I used to wrestle bears as a young man and it made me very tough. Kamchatka is known for it's bears so we really had no choice but to hone our skills tangling with grizzlies. It's definitely made me a stronger hockey player as knobody can knock me off the puck. After you've beat up a grizzly bear, a forechecker looks like a little butterfly coming at you. So I doubt I'll have a problem adapting to the physical nature of a pro game.

So where do I hope to be drafted? Honestly I just want to be drafted and would be happy to play anywhere. I realize coming from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere that people have never heard of me and will be somewhat hesitant to draft me, but I definitely came to play and want to make and impact in this league. I feel I have the tools to be a good offensive defenseman and play a lot of minutes. While I plan to build my offensive game, I also realize I'm a defenseman so I will need to have solid D otherwise what's the point right? Well I'm comittied to be being strong in both areas.

What is the strongest part of my game? I'd say it'd have to be my skating and my on ice vision, I am very quick and like to carry the puck but I also read the play extremely well and usually make the right decision. If I see an opportunity to feed a breaking forward I'll put it right on the tape, but if nothing is open I'll use my size and skating to enter the zone and either shoot or create a play. I mean they call me "the train" so I have to back that up once in a while by carrying the puck. I'm also actually really good on the point on the powerplay and I think that's another strength of my game. Oh and Strength obviously is a strength, I mean I use to wrestle bears for christ sake!

(500+)

Edited by Solduc77

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 2.75/3

532 words. The first-person view is sometimes a bit different in that, it's not wrong, but maybe utilizing quotations and formatting it out that way. I am under the impression that this is your first Media Spot, so I won't make a big deal about it, but just something to keep in mind. You did a good job for the most part and it was a engaging read.

Grammar: 1.75/2

It had it's share of mistakes, but nothing too severe. In saying that though, there were some punctuation areas that could be cleaned up and if I may suggest, just re-reading it over and spell-checking before submitting. Otherwise, keep working.

Train = train (unneeded capitalization)

born from hockey or born for hockey?

2yrs (here's a tip, if you put it like this: 2 years or two years, you give yourself an additional two words to your word count, plus it looks more proper this way too)

It's definitely = It definitely

knobody = nobody

and impact = an impact

comittied = committed

Strength = strength

christ = Christ

Appearance: 1/1

Looked solid to me.

Overall: 5.5/6

Content: 3/3 - Man, we've got some BIG players signing up lately! Saw something that you may be retiring, but in case you decide to stay, here's some TPE for you! Sure hope both of the big guys make it to the pros! I actually liked the first-person writing here. I felt it was a great way to introduce us to Krill and I hope it won't be the last we see of him.

Grammar: 1.75/2 - Like Slobo said, just take the time to look over the article before hitting that submit button. You'll be amazed at how many little things you can catch. I also would not mind proofreading your article at all before you submit it either.

Appearance: 1/1 - Yes sir!

Overall: 5.75/6 - Hope to see more from you!

FINAL: 6/6

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...