We Are the Champions, My Friends...?

SlapshotWrangler

RIGA — It was over. A hard fought battle finally come to an end. The Riga Reign and the Calgary Wranglers clashed for 6 hard fought games. But it's over now. The champs have been crowned. The Riga Reign finally reign the league. And finally, finally, after seasons of coming so close. Ryuu Crimson, Dylan Nguyen, and Shawn Glade, who has waited the longest, finally get to lift the cup. Ryuu and Dylan have been together since their Victory Hockey League careers kicked off in Saskatoon. They have been together through everything. From losing in the Finals with Halifax, to getting Silver in the WJC. So close, but never made it. But finally, the Baltimore Legend and the Dragon have finally won a championship. "I....I'm just overcome with emotion. We worked so hard and we're here. This is great. I'm glad I was able to help and I'm so proud of all of us. The defensemen were awesome and phenomenal. Kallis played his best hockey. Everyone of us deserves this. I'm just glad we pulled it off."

Of course, Baltimore went crazy for their hero. About 1,000,000 posts were made on Instagram about him winning the cup. "You know, I'm glad me and Dylan did this together. He's been my best friend since the start and man am I lucky to have such a great blueliner with me."

Ah yes, Dylan and Ryuu are the Ovechkin and Backstrom of the Victory Hockey League. Dylan and Ryuu even did their lap around the rink like the two Capitals superstars did. "When me and Dylan held that cup, it was amazing. All those hours of hard work together finally paid off. Dylan was amazing as well and is one of the best offensive d-man I have ever had the privilege to play with. I hope to win another cup with him on my side."

Now, when it comes to Shawn Glade, this moment has been just out of reach from him. But now, it's finally a reality. Shawn Glade was with the Yukon Rush on their run to the Finals but they ended up losing to Oslo. (To which Ryuu memed the entire thing.) Halifax had a spectacular inagural season with Shawn on the blueline but the dream team fell short in the finals. Shawn Glade has been so close many times, but he has finally done it. When he lifted the cup, you could see the happiness beaming all over him.

And Ryuu Crimson, who had a slow start to the season but found his game later on, was Riga's leader in Playoff Points with 13 and Playoff Plus-Minus with a rating of +2. His playoff experience has been nothing short of spectacular, getting a career high 6 playoff goals and scoring a hat trick against the Meute. The magician was a real offensive force, despite being second line, and was great against the Meute. He finally, after many failed attempts, won the championship.

These names will be engraved on the cup and never forgotten. Congratulation Riga on the wonderful season!

Edited by SlapshotDragon