Crazy Trade Sequence for LPLL

FacePuncher

Crazy Trade Sequence for LPLL

This last week was a pretty insane one for Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette. He was traded not once, but twice in rapid succession from the Quebec City Meute to the Helsinki Titans to the Toronto Legion.

The root of the deal fell under cap issues. Quebec needed cap space now, and Toronto was looking to acquire the services of LPLL. However, Toronto needed to wait until mid season before they could afford him. This is where Helsinki came in. With lots of cap space, they were willing to hold on to LPLL until mid season when his contract would be cheaper for them to pay for. This was the plan, until it was discovered that Toronto actually DID have some extra cap laying around to use on LPLL right away, and such he was traded right away to Toronto and will play the whole season there.

How did the veteran defenseman react to this? "It was all very chaotic for me." LPLL said in an interview, "I usually dont look at my phone much in the offseason. I was actually on vacation for a few days when all this went down, I was in the mountains with no cell reception. When I came back, I had 23 missed calls and who knows how many text messages! It was definitely a shock."