Rift Confident Despite Inconsistencies

Devise

Rift and the Lynx have hardly been bad, but some up and downs and some tough losses, close games and even a few blowouts against have had them going up and down at a pretty even rate. Following a recent close loses to the Halifax 21st, JB Rift was asked to talk about the season 15 games in. 

Yeah, I'm still pretty confident in our group. I see them in the training room, I see them pumping things out. I mean there is no doubt in my mind that when I'm on, I'm the best goalie in the VHLM. I've proven that on a few nights, against teams that are supposedly better than us or presently better than us in the standings. But we have some newer faces in the room and in general just guys that by the time playoffs roll around they will be better acclimated. It's hard not to have faith in @diamond_ace he's been a fantastic GM and he's been great to me this season. I know I have the ropes in net and that we just need to find some momentum. One little win streak for us can easily turn into something bigger and before you know it people may be talking about Ottawa as tops in the league. Inconsistencies aren't always a sign of a weak time, but a growing one. And while we know for sure I'm the guy in net this season, I see some brewing stars among our skaters that are going to show this league what is up by seasons end. 

Rift is clearly very confident, but he has shown in games the ability to be. While he has yet to record a shutout, Rift has had some very strong games for a VHLM goalie this season. If this group can find the consistency, including Rift himself as the season rolls on Ottawa could really emerge as the favorite to win it all in the playoffs. Especially when you consider how overrated Las Vegas is, but that topic is for another day.