Pat Svoboda Disappointed With Rookie Season

StamkosFan

Pat Svoboda, the much-hyped and overdramatic 5th overall pick, was already discontent with his situation in Quebec. But with only 3 goals in 15 games, Svoboda appears dejected and demoralized.

"Well, frankly the numbers are terrible. I have no assists which I'm not surprised about since I don't like passing, but the goals total is dismal too. I'm shooting 12%, so clearly, it's what happened with my start in Ottawa all over again. I'm just not getting enough shots, and I have no clue why. I have a 90 Scoring rating, so it makes no sense. I just have to go back to basics and throw pucks on net, re-calibrate my attributes. If I can make some changes soon, maybe I'll be able to have a stronger finish. But I've given up on that idealistic 20 goals mark. It's a terrible season for and I just have to accept that. It's like nothing can go right for me right now, what a shame. If I hadn't signed, at least I would've saved myself this pathetic embarassment. Maybe I'm playing so poorly because my heart is elsewhere now; there's a lack of excitement and motivation on my end for sure," said Pat Svoboda.