An Interview with David Harrison

The Oslo Storm has made a couple of mid season signings in the previous week in an effort to boost their forward depth. David Harrison and Magnus Pederson made their VHLM and scoresheet debut on Wednesday when Pederson connected with Harrison who found the back of the net for the first time in his career. Tonight we talk with David Harrison to get his thoughts on making it to the VHLM.

Good evening David, how are you doing tonight?

I’m doing good thanks for having me on.

Why do you tell me a little about yourself, what led to being a professional hockey player?

You know, growing up I was always a fan of sports in general. Dad made sure of that. We used to watch every game of every local team together. For some reason, hockey just drew me in more. I found myself more exciting for the next hockey game than anything else. I played other sports too, but that first time I played hockey it was like a new addiction had formed.

If you weren’t playing hockey what would you do instead?

Baseball? I was a very athletic kid. It’s hard for me to see a life in which I’m not involved with any sport.

So David, how does it feel to be a part of the VHLM?

It really feels like dream come true, Its every kid’s dream to make it to the VHL and this is a big step in that direction for me.

What was going through your mind when you were going through your offers? Why did you choose Oslo as your new home?

Yeah, it was a little overwhelming at first, but I chose Oslo because I liked what I saw with the team. People from the team reached out to me and were very welcoming and they gave me a clear path to moving up within the team. Plus “Storm” is just a really cool team name!

Oslo was projected to be leading the the league this season but they have faced a bit of adversity with losing some key players. Do you feel pressure to perform up to expectations of you to help give the team that extra push they need?

I try no to think about those kind of things. When you get caught up in “expectations” all you think about is “am I good enough?” and overthink everything you do. I’m just here to play my game, and learn from the coach and the guys, and win the cup. I’m on the third line right now. I will prove that I deserve second line minutes through my play on the ice and I play better without self imposed pressures.

Thanks David it was nice talking to you, good luck in your career, I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thank you, this was fun. We should definitely do it again sometime.

David Harrison is a third line Center for the Oslo Storm. He is a very motivated person and it’s only a matter of time before he makes a big splash. With his first goal already under his belt, what does the future hold for this star in the making?