Transaction Chronicles: The Advantage Timeline (Edition 10)

Advantage

To New York:

S34 - Simon Tremblay

To Toronto:

S38 - Steve Tremblay

S41 RIG 2nd Round Pick (David Blind)

This was a trade I made to acquire a forward to move to a defender and Simon Tremblay had much better defense than Steve Tremblay.  I figured I could leverage Steve Tremblay who ultimately was around 259 TPE and a low-end second round pick for an older but better player fit for my Americans team at the time, that needed a spare defender to complete the roster.

Simon Tremblay had a solid season for the Americans as a defender but ultimately this trade was much ado about nothing.  Steve Tremblay never really panned out as plan and the second round pick involved ended up being nothing much in the end.

To New York:

Mikko Koskinen

To Cologne:

S42 Cologne 3rd Round Pick (PASS)

This was one of the least important deals I ever made.  Mikko Koskinen never ended up being anything for me as I was taking a chance on a user I knew.  Ultimately, the pick I traded for him ended up being completely passed on so this was literally a nothing for nothing trade and certainly not a good or bad one regardless.

To New York:

D - Matt Bentley

To Quebec:

S41 NYA 1st Round Pick (Rift Pajodcast)

S42 NYA 1st Round Pick (Sam Teibert)

I came to a point where I decided that I didn’t have a lot of options to improve my team into a Continental Cup caliber team.  The one big option I had was Matt Bentley, so five-time defending Labatte Trophy winner, Conner Low, offered to go to forward and I made a pretty aggressive move to acquire the very best player on the market in Bentley, who was one of Victor’s players.  It worked quite well as he went on to win two consecutive Labatte Trophies and won a Continental Cup with the Americans. 

The picks I traded didn’t work out to be quite as good as I expected either.  Teibert had a brief and mediocre VHL career, recording just 135 career points in 323 games.  Pajodcast was definitely the best of the two picks, recording 358 points in 539 games.  Nevertheless though, I think this trade was absolutely worth it in hindsight.  The Teibert draft was super weak and it was the tenth overall pick.  The Pajodcast draft was a bit stronger but it was still the ninth overall pick and the player selected was nothing more than a solid second line player, while Bentley was an elite superstar for two of the best seasons of his career.

To New York:

S42 STO 3rd Round Draft Pick (Cap’n crunch)

To Stockholm:

RW – Sam Keeler

This was a quick and easy trade that I had to make due to the need to move cap.  Kyle didn’t work out as I hoped as he was pretty inactive with Keeler, finishing his career with just 58 points in 144 games.  The pick I acquired ended up being nothing much either so this ends up being a simply depth move for cap reasons.