Titus Stone Looks to Join VHLM

MD9

TITUS STONE LOOKS TO JOIN VHLM

Denver Post || Colorado, USA

4918-468Fr.jpg

Earlier today, young defenceman Titus Stone announced his intention to join the VHLM for the remainder of the season. Although it is uncertain at this point whether this will render him eligible for the upcoming draft or not, Stone will seek to make an immediate impact for whichever team he joins. He has stated that he expects to announce his decision later tonight depending upon how many teams offer him a position. When asked what sort of team he would preference joining, he offered a vague statement:

"It's hard to say at this point. You look at where the teams are and think, you know, maybe it would be nice joining a team that's already winning. But then at the same time, if you do go that route, maybe people look at your role and say, 'hey, that guy wasn't really needed, he's just a hanger-on'. So I guess I'm willing to join any team. I'd rather be able to help make a difference than just be a guy there to fill in some minutes, but I'm going to be realistic. I know I'm not at the level of some of the longer-tenured guys. We'll see what happens, I guess."

Though there is no word yet on which teams, if any, have an interest in Stone, his penchant for solid defensive play may garner him offers from teams looking for help on the penalty kill, or simply that need defensive help. At the same time, his game has yet to be rounded out, and so teams may also opt to pass on him in favour of more dynamic, two-way or offensive defenders.

Edited by MD9