Who should the expansions teams draft.

Sova

Disclaimer: This is a joke so please don't take it seriously

Today I will present to you my 100% correct expansion draft prediction first I will name the best player at all the positions and then we will dive into who should draft whom and what each GMs priorities should be.

This is gonna have a different format from most mock drafts but my way of doing it is definitely far superior.

Spoiler

12wnn0.gif

The best goaltender to draft: As a new expansion team you should be looking to secure your goal by putting a decent player in front of your net. The role of the goalie is essential since if you get scored on a lot you'll lose and losing is bad. Many might argue that this should be Alexander Pepper since he has the second highest GAA and SV% while having more wins and performing better in Shootouts then Stopko but anyone that truly knows the league (and since he is probably going to be protected by his team since their GM also doesn't have an idea of who the true best goalie of the season is) should be more than certain that the actual best available goalie of this is league is no other than the Davos forward Elias Dahlberg @Nykonax He has blocked an incredible 23 shots this season and he did that by putting his own body on the line what a team player he is.
Spoiler

GIF+ovechkin+puck+to+the+balls.gifHere you can see Dahlberg putting his life on the line just so his team loses with one goal against less

Moving onto the next category best defender to draft: Well this category isn't even close I mean the league has almost no defensive talent and isn't stacked at this position at all I mean there are only as my pick for this would call them "Randoms" these are benders like Malenko who has a measly 94 points in 60 games or Maxim Kovalchuck who has a plus minus of +43 which is something my player would only laugh about. Well with all this build up its time to announce my nominee for this category. Elias Dahlberg, yes this is a true all-around defensive talent not only will he be playing at the goalie position and making saves left and right he will also be replacing both of your defenders at the same time (just imagine how much salary that saves you) with an incredible plus minus of -12 (which is only the fault of his teammates) Dahlberg will surely be an Hall of fame defender within the first 15 games you let him start.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5107015Here you can see Dahlberg executing one of his famous "infiltration checks" that allow him to listen in on the opposing teams strats

We move onto the question which forward should they draft and as you might have already guessed its no other than (drum roll please)..........

Elias Dahlberg, yes you are correct both expansion teams should be looking to complete their rosters by adding 3 Dahlberg forwards to their roster which would mean Elias gets to play entirely by himself this would truly allow him to flourish as he would no longer be weight down by other players that only keep him from having the puck all in all if one of the teams manages to follow my advice I would rate their line up a solid 5/5 on the Dahlberg scale and also this would open up entirely new possibilities in terms of strategies.

All in all, I advise both new GMs to try and invest most of their allocated money in cloning research to make this dream team come true and anyone that disagrees with this doesn't know how hockey works.

Edited by Sova