Claimed:Calgary Wranglers Select C Travis Boychuk

The season has come and gone, and the off season is underway. After amazing efforts by many players in the VHLM, the S37 VHL Entry Draft was an exciting time for all.

The top picks were all but settled before the draft, but the big questions came in the latter half of the 1st round. Team needs had to be addressed for the VHL clubs and the stars were predictably selected with the first picks. It seemed like the biggest questions came after the first three selections. 

-----------------------------------------

monahan.jpg

-----------------------------------------

With all of the mock drafts in mind, Travis Boychuk had no idea where he would be selected. Many teams had taken interest and contacted him. 

" With all of the teams who have called me about my feelings towards them, it was difficult to figure out where I would end up. I could not get my hopes up about any location. All I could do was wait and get excited about being selected in general. It has been an exciting week for me leading up to the draft. "

Travis Boychuk was selected 8th overall to the Calgary Wranglers in the North American Conference of the VHL. His teammates from the Ottawa Lynx were selected also. Konstantin Azhishchenkov was selected at number 5 to the Riga Reign and Jack Ryan was selected at 15th overall to the Calgary Wranglers also. Boychuk and Ryan may one day be teammates in the VHL

The wait during the draft is the most nerve-racking for a lot of prospects. You never know where you might land during the draft, with every GM having their own opinion of each player. Various times we have seen players fall or rise in the draft. We have asked Travis Boychuk about his thoughts on the experience of the draft. 

------------------------------------------
topkaaazedev.jpg
------------------------------------------

" It was an amazing experience for me. I was expecting to maybe go around 10th or later, but I was not sure. Hearing each name being called before me was something else. I was sitting there ready to wait and my name was called at 8th. Obviously, I was at the draft for that exact reason but when the time comes reality hits you. This is the moment I have been waiting my whole life for. It is why I go to the rink every day and why I work so hard. The Calgary Wranglers are a good team and I feel like in a couple years when I get there I can make a difference. I am excited to play for whichever team picks me for another year in the minors. I want to push for that Cup. "

With the excitement of the VHL Draft in the past, the VHLM Dispersal Draft is up next. Travis Boychuk will be playing in the minors next season, and it will be a great time for any VHLM team to snag a player who wants a cup there. Without a doubt, Boychuk will bring talent and scoring prowess to any club and depth for whoever needs it. Boychuk had a great season in his 1st in the M and has only gotten better since then. It is easy to assume that he will produce a lot more next season. 

Content: 3/3 - Boychuk had a great season last year with KJA by his side. With the two of you greatly improving on the Lynx, I think they're a real contender this year. Good luck to you in the VHL!

Grammar: 2/2 - Not much! Good job.

nerve-racking - nerve wracking

Appearance: 1/1 - Very nice.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6