Pat Svoboda and Davos Planning for the Future [1/2]

StamkosFan

Pat Svoboda and Davos Planning for the Future

Dunner-stickhandle-2722x1843.jpg

Davos right wing Pat Svoboda practices stickhandling drills at the team's summer training facility.

After what can only be described as a tumultuous season, things have finally settled down for Pat Svoboda. He just bought a new apartment in Davos, Switzerland, and he must only cross over Germany, Denmark, and the Baltic Sea to arrive at his childhood home in Sweden. Canada brought his new family together and started his VHLM and VHL careers there, but at the end of the day, Europe will always be more like home to him. It shows in his confidence on the ice, his newfound poise with the media, and his happy countenance caught on camera. Svoboda is ready to start a new chapter in his career, and he knows that that starts with setting goals.

"I didn't get the 20 goal season I wanted this year, but next year, I'm definitely doing it. I want to get at least 10 points on the power play, because special teams need to click. I think I want to become more of a passer, maybe get 40 points so I can have a sort of split total between goals and assists instead of only shooting. I need to diversify my game to take it to the VHL level, that's what I've learned this year, and I'm going to take that lesson to better myself," said Pat Svoboda.

As for his new team, Davos struggled yet again, finishing last in the league, trailing the 7th place New York Americans by 20 points; Davos only got 38 points on the year, which was certainly disappointing. They will try to turn it around next year, with new talent incoming from a deep draft, and two top 5 picks from the S64 draft in Elias Dahlberg and Pat Svoboda. There was a steep learning curve for both Dahlberg and Svoboda, but with a year of seasoning under their belts, they should have stronger performances next year. Elite top six forwards aren't made overnight, so there will have to be some patience with the duo.

"Well, obviously the outcome is less than ideal, but I trust that we will get some great new faces in the draft. We are rebuilding, and our GM knows it, he's committed to it, not in denial. People forget that our guys are very young still, so it's not an accurate portrayal of how good we'll be three seasons down the line," said Pat Svoboda. "Dahlberg had a great rookie year, half a point per game in his first year in a tough league, so just imagine how good he's going to be. As for me, there was a lot of distraction in the background for me, so I don't think I was playing at one hundred percent, I think I can do a lot better. Next year, everyone will see why I was picked fifth overall and why Davos would give up a first round pick for me. Just give it some time, and Davos will be contending for the Continental Cup."

• 4 weeks later...

Out of the four reviews I've done today, this was definitely my favorite one. Last year it seems you had a disappointing year, and you will likely take a big leap forward. Don't be humble, I could see a 50 point season headed your way this upcoming season. The article itself flowed well and felt like something I could actually be scrolling through theScore and read, it felt like we were talking about real people. Great job

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Pat Svoboda and Davos Planning for the Future [1/2]