Rhye Tyr - A Gem in the Second

Plate

Rhye Tyr

A Gem in the Second

Rhye Tyr was clouded by doubt when he was selected 16th overall. There were a lot of factors that contributed to his placement in the S65 VHLM Dispersal Draft. We asked Tyr what he thought about the draft.  

You were drafted 16th overall by Halifax. This was their first pick of the draft. Are you happy with where you went?

I signed with them last year and made a really deep cup run. I have playoff experience with the team and I'm familiar with the locker room. I can't think of a place I'd rather go. We had Fishy and Vands who were role models for me and I can't wait to have the opportunity to get a cup with Halifax this season. 

You entered S64 explosively and were looking like a top pick, what slowed you down? 

Well you know, there were some personal issues that I was dealing with. School was really busy and I have to prioritize my studies over hockey. It is what it is, it hurt my draft position but honestly, that's totally okay with me. We work with what we have and I think Halifax has a great team this year.  

We thank Rhye Tyr as he heads into the Halifax roster as a potential top pairing defenseman. He had 7 points in 21 regular S64 games. 

(230 words)