Boychuk Heads to Turku

DollarAndADream

Travis Boychuk Drafted to the Turku Outlaws

The VHLM Dispersal Draft was underway today and Travis Boychuk found his team for the year. He was drafted 6th overall to the Turku Outlaws, along with plenty others. The team looks to be heading fast into contention on paper, but we will wait to see what happens once the season begins. With many top players heading to Turku, it will be difficult to find ice time. Turku had 3 picks in the 1st Round and 6 in the 2nd Round, so it is needless to say that there is a ton of talent heading there. Boychuk will play the year in Turku before heading up to Calgary in the VHL.

--------------------------------------------------

img9117767.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

It should be challenging for the coach to find the right line combinations heading forward, with all of the skill in the line up. Many think that Boychuk should be a shoe in for 1st line duties, but nothing is certain. He has improved a ton this off-season with a lot of training involved. It will be interesting to see what he can accomplish without being in the shadow of a more developed, bigger superstar. We caught up with TB for an interview on the topic:

" I am extremely pleased to come to Turku for next season. It might take a little bit to find which players I play better with, but I am sure with all the talent here we can succeed with plenty of combinations. I have worked hard all off-season to become a better player on the ice, and I really think it will pay off. All of these new players coming to the Outlaws, we need to get familiar with each other quickly. I have already been to training camp with the VHL Calgary club, and came straight to Turku as soon as I got signed to be with this training camp. I am very excited to start the season. "