Claimed:Linholm Ready For the Season

RandomHero

hi-res-450303259-carl-hagelin-of-the-new

Linholm on the Ice during Americans Training Camp

Taken with the second overall pick in this past seasons draft, Linholm got to spend some time in the city that he will be playing his VHL hockey in. Linholm had gotten to spend a week or so in New York and was able to take in the many sights and sounds of the media capital of the world. It can be quite the experience for a young player, especially one from a different country. Linholm is going to have to get used to the birght lights if he hopes to succeed in a city like New York. 

"I enjoyed being able to enjoy the city. It is very large and has many thing to do in it. It kind of took me off guard with how much there was to do in the city. I can't wait to finally start playing hockey here. This is a city that requires players to succeed and anything less is not accepted here. I am looking forward to hopefully being able to live up to the lofty expectations here and giving this city something to get excited about."

Linholm was able to get in some training camp practices with the Americans and was able to sign an entry level contract with the team. As expected, however, Linholm will not be on the main squad when the season kicks off. He has been re-assigned to the VHLM and will be spending the season with the Minot Gladiators. The Americans are hoping that another season in the VHLM will help Linholm gain more practice hours and allow him to find his game. They feel he could develop better if he is seen as an important player on a team rather than one who would struggle to find a place on their second line.

"Of course I'm a little disappointed I wont be playing with the Americans this season but I expected to be back in the VHLM. I'm just focused on starting this season strong and getting better. I will be playing with the Americans next season and hopefully we can do something really special when the time comes. Until then I will be playing with the Gladiators and I'm excited to get the season started. It seems that we have a great group of guys there and I think we have a team that could be challenging for the founders cup this season. There isn't a team that is as stacked as the Watchmen were so I feel that it really gives us a chance at winning it all this year."

The VHLM does figure to be much more competitive this year than last year and Linholm is hoping to take advantage of that and make a lot of noise in the league this year. After being a fixture on Berns third line last year, Linholm is expected to slot into the first line this year with the Gladiators. With the departure of Logan Laich to the VHL Linholm is seen as one of the top players playing in the VHLM this year and is expected to challenge for some of the awards this next season.

hi-res-7354436_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

Content: 3/3 - You should be on pace for a great year in the VHLM, but if Johan Hallstrom keeps up the pace he's on, he might end up breaking league scoring records and taking the hardware for himself! Keep up the hard work and you'll be having a big year in the pros before you know it!

Grammar: 2/2 - Really close to getting docked, make sure you proofread your work next time!

this past seasons draft = this past season's draft
birght = bright
has many thing to do = has many things to do
for the founders cup = for the Founder's Cup
Berns = Bern's

Appearance: 1/1 - Eww, Rangers.

Overall: 6/6 - Keep it up!