Who will make the playoffs this season?

Matt_O

Another season in the VHL awaits us, and boy will it be a good one. The race for the playoffs will be one to watch, as the New York Americans have been on the rise and look to make the playoffs after a successful rebuild. The defending champions Toronto Legion may end up being the ones who step out of the playoffs to let New York in, as they lost Stopko, their heroic goaltender and playoff MVP, to retirement and Sebastian Ironside was forced into free agency, where he signed with a loaded Seattle team. 

Seattle went from looking vulnerable to becoming the team to beat in the VHL, as they re-signed Matt Thompson and picked up Sebastian Ironside in free agency. They should be favorites for the Victory cup, but the continental cup is certainly not a guarantee. They still have a fantastic squad and look to shake off their playoff woes from years past.

The Helsinki Titans are also looking sharp heading into the season, with Kronos Bailey, Julian Borwinn, Vesto Slipher, and Alexander Pepper in net. Unfortunately for them, this season is loaded with teams, and they will need to make a move to seriously compete with the powerhouses of Riga and Seattle.

Speaking of Riga, they also look for this year, even after dealing away Rylan Peace and Leph Twinger. They still have the duo of Edwin Preencarnacion and Podrick Cast, who combine for 1,955 TPE. They also have Ryan Kastelic on defense to shut down some offenses.

Now we get to Vancouver. Beau Louth is my pick for MVP, and I think Vancouver will turn some heads this season. The only players that can be considered "weak spots" are Jagger Philliefan and Gritty, and they both earn TPE at a consistent rate. I think Vancouver is quite underrated.

Now the final team: New York. Their rebuild was successful. The talents of Ryan Sullivan Jr. and Joseph McWolf on defense is a formidable core, and the recently acquired Leph Twinger and Vaydar Odinsson add to a nice offense, with Dan Wilinsky and rookies Matthew Materazo and Carles Puigdemont, alongside the returning Joel Ylonen, who was FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY from the all rookie team.

Here are my predictions for this upcoming season:

1. Seattle Bears

2. Vancouver Wolves

3. Riga Reign

4. Helsinki Titans

5. New York Americans

6. Toronto Legion

7. Calgary Wranglers

8. HC Davos Dynamo

9. Moscow Menace

Congrats HC Davos, you might not be last this year!

Edited by Matt_O