Skating Mad.

diamond_ace

final_fantasy_vi___kefka_palazzo__dancin

“And time will destroy all of those as well. Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do?” -Kefka Palazzo

Why do we insist on defending our goal, or scoring in that of the opposition? Why do we insist on competition, crafting such a delicately balanced game, putting our bodies on the line for the good of the sport, when no one will remember us in a lifetime from now? Wins will mean nothing eventually anyway. Playoff berths? Draft picks? Continental Cups? Founder's Cups? Nothing. There is no point to any of it. There is no point to the existence of sim leagues, of hockey, and of the VHL, and so I have come to burn it all to the ground and stand atop the rubble. There are countless stories of those who have wanted to destroy the world, who have tried and failed, thwarted by some force of "good" only to perpetuate the cycle. I have succeeded in destroying one entire world already, so what more will it be for me to tear limb from limb a simple hockey league, only to claim my crown from the ashes?

Soon. Make your preparations now. I will be coming and I will not be stopped.