Claimed:Dimothenis Vlasis

Name: Dimothenis Vlasis

Birthplace: Athens, Greece

Height: 6’2

Jersey Number: 19

Position: Defense

VHLM

Dimothenis Vlasis declared that he would be joining the VHLM during Season 36. This is just the beginning of his story as he will be one of the top defenseman available come the Season 38 draft. Upon announcing his declaration of playing in the VHLM he was picked up on waivers by the Ottawa Lynx. The season was already almost over and Vlasis played in 10 games. Vlasis scored 1 goal and assisted on 11 for a total of 12 points. Ottawa at the time was pushing hard for the final playoff spot but fell just short. This was a great experience for Dimo because he was thrown right into the heat of the race and didn’t wilt showing that he can handle himself in high pressure games. He was a -4 unfortunately and amassed 10 PIM. On the Brightside he showed a willingness to block shots with 19 in 10 games. After his season Dimothenis was projected to be a first round draft pick in the Season 37 VHLM Dispersal Draft. He fell all the way down to 2nd round and was drafted by the Turku Outlaws, 15th overall. This was a great new beginning to his career as Turku plans on going all the way to the Founders Cup this season, which might be Dimothenis’ only season in the VHLM.

Pros

Skating ~ Dimothenis is a very fine skater in his own right. He is one of the fastest skaters on Turku as well as in the VHLM at the moment. This a very good thing to have as he can jump up in the rush and if there is a turnover he can make it back just fine. His skating reminds some scouts of Duncan Keith who currently plays for the Chicago Blackhawks.

Defense ~ Defense is also a strong suit of his because his defense and skating go hand in hand to make him one of the quickest on the ice. You can’t really teach defense as well as offence so this is a very good thing Dimo has. Some scouts say he has the defense a young Willie Mitchell who currently plays for the Los Angeles Kings.

Hockey Sense ~ Dimothenis has very good hockey sense as he will always make the smart play. He rarely turns the puck over in doing so. This of course doesn’t say he will always make the right play but to put into context he will make the smart play 9 out of 10 times. This reminds scouts of Dan Boyle who will skate the puck out when he has too, or chip it off the boards into the neutral zone.

Cons

Scoring ~ Dimothenis may have all the defense skills in the world but his offensive skills are a bit lacking. He will score the odd goal and pick up the odd assist once in a while but that may be due to the lack of depth a team has. He is on the ice so much he is bound to pick up some points right?

Leadership ~ Vlasis is not a leader in the dressing room. He is kind of awkward actually as he is very anti-social. This is not something you want out of your number 1 defenseman; you want him to be able to lead the pack. Maybe as he gets older and more mature he will grow into a leadership role.

Discipline ~ Vlasis is not very disciplined for someone who is defensively savvy. He will take a bad penalty at a bad time. Dimo has vowed to work on keeping his emotions in check, even if he believes the referees made a bad call or the goaltender let in the odd bad goal.

Outlook

Dimothenis Vlasis is a very raw prospect. With a lot of work he can become the number 1 defenseman coaches all love. For this to happen though Dimothenis Vlasis must keep showing up to practice and show he wants to be better. With him being the only Greek product to play in the VHL. I’m sure he will show the entire world that, at least one Greek can play the wonderful game of hockey.

Edited by StevenStamkos91

Actually, i dont know what happened. I cant really do anything on this site. When i try to make a new topic, I have no options to do anything, no bolding options no nothing. Not even the paste from word. so i type it up in word then i will paste it here it shows up like that, then i edit it into what it is now :P i also cnt post images because it says that image extension isn't allowed. 

Guest Svoboda_3

Actually, i dont know what happened. I cant really do anything on this site. When i try to make a new topic, I have no options to do anything, no bolding options no nothing. Not even the paste from word. so i type it up in word then i will paste it here it shows up like that, then i edit it into what it is now :P i also cnt post images because it says that image extension isn't allowed. 

Email it to me with images and I can post it for you if you want for future need. I can't edit this, so I don't think I could add images in here for you.

tpellerin55@yahoo.ca

Edited by Svoboda_3

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 5/5

I enjoyed this Rookie Profile a lot. I thought you had good content and I especially enjoyed the comparisons you had in your pros and cons. Keep up the work. Vlasis isn't the only Greek VHL player, I first created Lazarus Hatzifotiou-Kyriakos, but then changed his name to Layken Heidt, which he was from Athens, Greece.

Grammar: .5/1

They kind of added up.

top defenseman = top defensemen

draft = Draft

Brightside = brightside

season = season,

down to 2nd round = down to the 2nd round

plans = planned

Founders = Founder's

This a very = This is a very

defense a young = defense of a young

put into context = put it into context

at a bad time = at bad times

Appearance: 1/1

I could probably let this one go, but I'm sure for the future all you would have to do is ask a Commish (you did have a lot of time to do so) to insert a selected image if you are still having problems, or ask me to post it for you.

Over 500 Words? 1/1

711 words.

Overall 7.5/8

Edited by Svoboda_3

Content: 5/5 - A Greek player? I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were the only active one right now. You followed the rubric to a T, which means five points here!

Grammar: .5/1 - Ouch, good thing it won't really hurt you in the end here.

Appearance: 1/1 - Make sure the image you're trying to post has the proper extension, ending with .png, .gif, .jpeg or something like that. If images don't have those, they probably won't work.

Over 500 words? 1/1 - And then some to boot!

Overall: 7.5/8 - Rounding up tooooo...

FINAL: 8/8