Yukon's Start To The Season

leafssteen

Image result for yukon hockey

Clayton Park- 20 GP, 7 W, 11 L, 2 OTL, 0.869 SV%, 3.77 GAA, 0 SO, 76 GA, 581 SA 

The Yukon Rush have struggled to find their winning ways in the first few weeks of the season. Currently they sit in 6th place with 16 points. The Rush have the 2nd fewest goals for in the league and the 3rd highest goals allowed. They will have to get back to playing solid defense and try to get more pucks to the net. Next up for the Rush is the Houston Bulls followed by the Las Vegas Aces. This is an important stretch of games and they will have to try to turn things around if they plan on going deep into the playoffs. We caught up with Yukon Rush starting goalie Clayton Park and this is what he had to say. 

“You know it's clearly not the start we wanted but we continue to work on the little things and work as a team. I am confident if we keep working hard and improving, we can turn this into a decent season! In terms of my play, it has been a big adjustment from junior hockey but I am working hard with the goalie coach to get better every day. One thing the goalie coach has been helping me with is my positioning. As a goalie positioning is one of the most important things and I feel I am improving in that aspect. Every day when I wake up, I challenge myself to see what I can do better to make myself not only a better goaltender but to help my team get more wins. It is an honor to play in Yukon and I am confident the fans will be impressed with what they see from us in the coming weeks."

Edited by leafssteen