Thoughts On The Expansion

Matmenzinger

Exciting new broke today that the VHL with be expanding with the addition of The Malmo Nighthawks. With the growing number of users this was all but inevitable and I wouldn't be surprised if we were to have another team, or at least changes to the line structure added into the league soon. Here's my breakdown.

Logo/Name: Personally I like the logo and the color scheme. I honestly think it would look really good against a black jersey. As for the name, is an obvious play on the  Malmö Redhawks so I think it fits perfectly. 

GM: Managing and leading this team will be Advantage. As stated in the announcement Advantage holds the records for the most VHL Regular Season wins at 834 over 22 seasons. While he has a storied career in being a GM already, he also currently has a player in Ryan Sullivan Jr. at 543 TPE with 93 points in 125 games which clearly shows that he knows how to build a player and can definitely help users with their build and gaining TPE. This will come in handy considering the influx of new users joining the league. 

Competitiveness: This is the most interesting aspect in my opinion. On top of choosing players via the expansion, Malmo will have a pick in every round of the upcoming draft, with that pick being as early as 5th. With this being possibly the deepest draft the league has seen there's a good chance Malmo will be selecting a player above 200 TPE and another player over 150 with their second pick as well. This in combination with the expansion could definitely help Malmo be competitive early on. 

Edited by Matmenzinger