Ludvig Sederstrom on the upcoming draft

aleks

Image result for shl hockey coach

"I think he's got great potential, " said Lias Sandin, the former coach of Ludvig Sederstrom, "I don't see very many players come through the Swedish development programs who look as good as he does. You can see the rays of potential just beaming out of the kid. Whoever gets him will probably end up being a really lucky team. He can defend, he can score, and he can pass. What else do you want? Gonna miss playing him in my lineup."

Sederstrom, projected to go somewhere within the 15 - 25 range, has garnered the attention of a multitude of General Managers throughout the VHL. Mock drafts have Ludvig heading to either Malmo, Riga, or Vancouver, but obviously nothing can be known for sure until the selection is made.

"I think I've done pretty well. I've gotten plenty of goals and assists. I'm up there on our teams scoring, and I'm doing what I promised I would do when I signed in free agency. It's been very different and very fun, and I'm just excited to see where I end up in the draft. I keep telling myself that I should stay focused on the rest of the season, but it's a part of my career and my future so it's hard to not think about it."

Do you think you are VHL ready? What do you think it takes?
"I think I'm close to getting to that step, but if I do get to that step I can guarantee I'm going to be giving it my all. Training Camp, tryouts, personal training through the regular season and the offseason. I'll see what the organization members say, and I can go from there. I'd love to have a marker so I can see where I have to go from in the offseason in terms of development. We all know you have to skate good, shoot hard and pass well but I'm planning on being a real personality in the locker room and I want to really gel with my teammates."

You trained in Örnsköldsvik, but you also traveled abroad, where else did you train?

"Yup! I trained in Vancouver, which was my favourite place. But I also traveled in Finland. I stayed in the United States for a short amount of time to play with Americans, but I didn't stay for too long. Europe is alot better to train in than North America, in my opinion because there are way more powerhouses here. Russisa, Finland, and Sweden for example, and they're all hours away. Lots of great players come from here, and there's plenty of wonderful coaches here."

Did you always want to play center?

"No actually, I wanted to play goalie originally, but my brother Joakim played wing. Gradually I switched to defense, then to center as we enjoyed playing together. I feel like switching positions so much helped me tons because playing goalie gave me the knowledge to beat goaltenders, and playing defence lets me contribute to the team more, which I always want to do. Haven't played wing yet though, thats my brothers job."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiming 6 tpe and 6 theme week tpe