Palo lobbying a move back to Quebec

jRuutu

It´s not been even a full year since Quebec Meute moved to Vancouver and changed the team´s name to Wolves. The relocation has been a successful one, home games for Vancouver have been sold out all year long and there is a real buzz around the team, but there is still some who are not happy. One of them is quite surprisingly Rauno Palo, a center for Wolves who openly talked how nice Vancouver is just couple months ago, what happened?

This is what Rauno Palo said via e-mail:

I think it´s safe to say that Vancouver is no Quebec, looking back now - I think it was a mistake to come here. The fans don´t know anything about hockey. All I hear is ´Louth this´ and ´Davis that´, what about me and my fundamentals, I keep shifts short and jump into the bench with force, so other guys can get to the ice right away, on top of that the way I approach the faceoff circle and keep eye contact with the other center - I get no love for elite level fundamentals.

Then comes the actual living in Vancouver part, I thought it´s going to be cold here, but it´s not at all - barely freezing. I can´t go ice fishing in conditions like this. These might sound like simple reasons, but you know what - people in Quebec know a real hockey player when they see one.

I have a meeting with the owners of Vancouver Wolves next Monday, I will there share my thoughts and ask about the possibility of going back to Quebec.