A letter to Japan, Kenji Hachimura

Dtayl

Hello,

My name is Kenji Hachimura, I was born and raised in Sapporo, Japan. Growing up in Japan, hockey was never a big sport for us. When I finally started playing my friends thought I was weird and made fun of me. However, I have loved every single second of it. Playing for Tohoku in the Asia League Ice Hockey for the past year has been a dream come true. Hockey is something that I truly love and I want to pursue my dream of playing Ice Hockey where it is truly at its best, in North America. I have been drafted by the Halifax 21st in the VHLM and I plan on joining them once the season begins. That being said I will be leaving Tohoku and the rest of Japan. So, I want to say thank you for all the amazing memories and all the time everyone has taken to cheer me on, and help me develop. I could not have done this without each and every one of you. I will never forget Japan, it is my home and I will represent my home with all the honor and glory that I can. I look forward to coming back to Japan one day as a champion, and all-time great hockey player. For now though, it is time to say goodbye as I move toward a new chapter in my career.

Much love and thanks,

Kenji Hachimura

On 4/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, Dtayl said:

Hello,

My name is Kenji Hachimura, I was born and raised in Sapporo, Japan. Growing up in Japan, hockey was never a big sport for us. When I finally started playing my friends thought I was weird and made fun of me. However, I have loved every single second of it. Playing for Tohoku in the Asia League Ice Hockey for the past year has been a dream come true. Hockey is something that I truly love and I want to pursue my dream of playing Ice Hockey where it is truly at its best, in North America. I have been drafted by the Halifax 21st in the VHLM and I plan on joining them once the season begins. That being said I will be leaving Tohoku and the rest of Japan. So, I want to say thank you for all the amazing memories and all the time everyone has taken to cheer me on, and help me develop. I could not have done this without each and every one of you. I will never forget Japan, it is my home and I will represent my home with all the honor and glory that I can. I look forward to coming back to Japan one day as a champion, and all-time great hockey player. For now though, it is time to say goodbye as I move toward a new chapter in my career.

Much love and thanks,

Kenji Hachimura

Super excited to see Kenji in action this season! Awesome to have such a great member return to Halifax!