Montgomery Reups with Helsinki

BarzalGoat

Dan Montgomery, former interim-captain and long time skater for the Helsinki Titans, has decided to double down on the twice runners-up in the VHL, and sign an extension to stay with the team. He cited the storied history of one of the oldest franchises, as well as the confidence @Quik has had in him throughout his tenure as not just a Forward, but a Defenseman. Montgomery has been slumping since a bounce back sophomore season, but the move to Defense saw him not only post top 12 points numbers among all defensemen, but also earn a spot as one of the top 8 overall point scorers in last year's finals. Montgomery when asked for a comment had this to say:

I view myself as a loyal member of the Titans, the team who drafted me in the first round, the team who put all the faith in the world to me, and it's time to pay that faith back. I moved to defense this past season because both coach and I saw it as an opportunity for me to get more playing time, and help strengthen some of the team's weaknesses. As a whole, I know I haven't been practicing the best, but the results are there, I'm an above average player, and I look forward to staying here for a long time, and eventually hoisting the cup with Kronos and the boys. I hope that Sid, Jubo, Pepper, and the rest of the boys are as committed to winning, and hope they can stay and help us complete this vision.

Plus 2 for ya boy, we doing more than welfare this week.