Dan Gles: VHLM 36th Selection

No_Dangles

Dan Gles was recently selected in the 4th round of the VHLM entry draft, starting off his professional career with the Mississauga Hounds.

Interviewer: "Dan, what were your first thoughts when you heard your name called for the 36th selection?"

Gles: "You know, it's always been a dream of mine to enter the VHL. So if being drafted to the Hounds is what it takes to get a shot at the VHL then I'm ready to go out there and play."

Interviewer: "There wasn't any cause for concern going to an expansion team rather than a more established team?"

Gles: "You know, some people may think that way but being a mid-round projected player, I always kind of saw myself going to an expansion team. I think I bring a certain presence to the locker room and I'm sure that I can help this team win a cup. Also it's nice to know that if I work hard then I won't be buried on the roster as I would be on some of these other teams."

Interviewer: "So you're clearly excited to be with this franchise, what's the atmosphere like with your team so far?"

Gles: "Well, certainly it can be hard to establish an atmosphere in a new locker room. People try to find their place and roles need to be established. The Vegas Golden Knights showed that it was possible to create a highly functioning team in their inaugural year though so I think that's encouraging for us. Nonetheless, our GM and AGM have made it easy to be a part of the team so I think we're really just preparing for the season and doing our best to get to know each other."

Interviewer: "Any last comments for the fan base?"

Gles: "Get excited because I think we have the pieces to go somewhere this season. People won't be sleeping on us for long."

Interviewer: "Thanks Dan."

Gles: "Thank you."