Dimitri Volosenkov's Off-Season

After having a successful season in the VHLM achieving the goals he set for himself. His season came to an end in a disappointing fashion being beaten in game 6 of the Founder's Cup Finals. We're catching up today with Dimitri as he speaks about his off-season so far.

"First of all i want to thank all the fans of Halifax who cheered us on all season long. It was a real blast to play in front of you guys and even be able to be your captain. I'm a little sad that we couldn't win it all for you all but this team we had was pretty special. The guys in the locker room were absolute legends and I couldn't have asked for anything else really. 

After finishing up in Halifax I went home to Russia to visit family and see some good friends. Toured Russia with some fellow countrymen i met in the World Juniors, it was a good summer overall. Plenty of Vodka was had, wrestling bears, fist fights outside bars, typical Russian things to do you know? 

....did some training at the local gym my father always went to, and i grew up in. It's always good to get back to and see everyone and see how things are changing.

Spent a bit of time with Pavel Datsyuk as well, after leaving SKA St. Petersburg he's unsure of where he wants to go to play hockey at the moment. I've heard speculation of him wanting to return to the rival NHL league. It's good to train with a guy like that, he really helps elevate my game to where it should be.

Arrived back in North America a couple days ago, spent a bit of time with @rjfryman training with him is always great. Ever since day 1 his work ethic has made me want to be a better player overall. Super pumped that i got to play a season with him in the minors. Hopefully we can be line-mates again someday either on a team or a brand tournament.

Looking forward to the draft tonight, not sure where I'll go but since i'm not as well known of a name i expect to drop somewhat because of that. Teams may end up regretting that decision though, we Russians work hard and are passionate about the game. Wherever i go, i feel confident I can make an impact for my team in short and long term. Not to blow my own horn too much but I personally think I'm one of the better two-way forwards in this draft. We'll see what happens, I still need to prove myself in the VHL and to the fans of the team i go to.

It's been a great off-season but I'm ready to get back into the swing of the regular season and try to go deep in the playoffs."

Thanks Dimitri, the S66 VHL Entry Draft is set to start at 8PM EST. We'll all be watching to see when the top names of this draft such as; HHH, Julius Freeman, Shane Mars, and many more.