I’m a Bear

*Claiming for week starting tomorrow, Monday, March 6th*

Young goaltender, Clayton Park was drafted 27th overall by the Seattle Bears on Saturday. We sat down with Clayton for an exclusive post draft interview.

How does it feel to be drafted by the Seattle Bears?

It’s a great feeling to be drafted by one of the original VHL teams that’s holds a tremendous amount of history. Greats like Tremblay, Reynaud, Beketov, Vengeance, Higgens, Peters have all been apart of our teams history. I respect these players very much and I am truly honoured to join this organization that they represented so well. I am filled with excitement for the future of this organization and I would love nothing more then to spend my entire career in a bears uniform! 

What is the current goaltender situation in Seattle?

So first off we currently have 3 goalies. Our most experienced goaltender is veteran Tristan Iseult. He has been around since S60 and is a very talented, experienced goalie. I assume he will get the majority of the starts based off of experience. The second goalie is me and I believe I will be backing up Iseult this season. I’m hoping to get a few more starts then the average backup to gain VHL experience and get ready for the future. It’s no secret that Iseult is approaching retirement so I want to gain experience now so I will be ready when called upon to be the starter in the future. Our third goaltender is veteran goaltender Arvid Aamo. His future remains unknown as he played S60 in the VHLM and played from S61 to S63 in the VHL. As a older goaltender who hasn’t played much as of late, I believe if he does play this season it will be in the VHLM. There is a possibility that he could play a few games in the VHL but seems unlikely due to the current goaltender situation in Seattle.

What do you hope to accomplish in your first season in Seattle?

My plan is to seize the moment when called upon and give 100% every time I step on the ice. Also I have a great opportunity to learn from a veteran goaltender who has been around the game for a long time. Even when I’m not between the pipes, I will be watching Iseult and learning every step of the way. The coaching staff is phenomenal here in Seattle, so I want to learn from them and develop into an elite VHL goaltender. 

What will the feeling be like in your first start as a Seattle Bear? 

It will definitely be an emotional moment as I have worked really hard to get where I am today. In the moment when I step onto the ice, all those 6AM practices, physically draining workouts and moving to North America will all be worth it! The opportunity is here, now I just have to make the most of it!

Tell us what you think the future looks like for the Seattle Bears! 

As of right now it looks like we are building for the future. In the recent VHL draft Seattle drafted a few prospects worth noting including left winger Valeri Morozov and left winger Shane Mars. In my opinion, Shane Mars is a huge addition as he has proven to be an elite winger and has the potential to be among the best in the league. In regards to Valeri Morozov, he is a strong skater with a proven scoring ability. I believe he has a lot of potential and is definitely a good addition for the future of this team. As we all know, Seattle also picked me up as they needed a young goaltender for the future of this team. It appears the Bears are in full rebuild mode as they have 9 picks in the first 4 rounds of the S67 draft including 3 first rounders and 4 second rounders! In conclusion I believe it will take a few seasons for these rookies to develop but when they do, watch out for the Bears!!!! I am extremely confident by S68-S69 this team will be unstoppable and will be extremely hard to beat!

Edited by leafssteen

6 minutes ago, leafssteen said:

Latvian goaltender, Clayton Park was drafted 27th overall by the Seattle Bears on Saturday. We sat down with Clayton for an exclusive post draft interview.

I think that Clayton Park is Austrian - just for your information: AT.png  = Austria and LV.png = Latvia. 

Alexander Pepper was my favourite goalie in the VHL last season I believe. This season that seemingly has changed. From the start of reading your message until now, you're easily the draft pick I'm most excited about. Clayton Park is officially my favourite goalie in the VHL. @leafssteen

Too bad goalies can't be captains in the sim. I love what I see from this guy. :sea:

:kermitsip:

6 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Alexander Pepper was my favourite goalie in the VHL last season I believe. This season that seemingly has changed. From the start of reading your message until now, you're easily the draft pick I'm most excited about. Clayton Park is officially my favourite goalie in the VHL. @leafssteen

Too bad goalies can't be captains in the sim. I love what I see from this guy. :sea:

:kermitsip:

Thanks for all the kind words @Banackock, I’m just very excited to be here and pumped about the opportunity!!!