Rookies in Riga - present and future [1/2]

Like I said, the second part will be about the present and the future. 

S66 - 7 rookies (Anthony Matthews, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Chico Smeb, Arnor Sigurdsson, Apollo Hackett, Aron Nielsen, Mikko Aaltonen)

And now the reason why I started this article. This is a real awesome pool of rookies, isn't it? It was known that I'm very interested in the S66 draft which was a hella deep one. I swapped S65 with S66 first, then took two S66 firsts from Davos. Then I made a couple more of trades to get the first OV. By the way, this is the third time I had a #1 OV in five seasons. I definitely know how to get the highest pick hehe. So here we are - the half of our roster is based on rookies. That's definitely a risky move for a contender team, but it could work. Remember how many rookies I had in S63? 

At this moment, HHH is the best S66 Riga rookie so far. He currently has 10 points in same amount of games which is the third best in his team. The second best rookie in points is Chico Smeb which might be surprising a bit considering that he is the third line player. Or is it? Another third liner, Arnor Sigurdsson is the third best with 5 points. Then we have Matthews and Nielsen with 4 points. The last two guys are Hackett and Aaltonen with 3 points each. It appears that Mikko is a bit unlucky so far as he is trying as much as he can. But 29 shots only were enough for 2 goals so far. More hard work and patience to this man and he will see a success, that's for sure. 

More facts:

- Anthony Matthews is the only non-S66 player. He was drafted 11th OV in the S65 draft; 

- Chico Smeb is the only player from this list I didn't draft. I traded a couple picks for him when I saw that Davos couldn't afford to sign him; 

- Hunter Hearst Helmsley broke a TPE record for draftee. He took this record from none other than Ryan Kastelic. See what I'm doing here? 

Will they stay in Riga? 

¯\_()_/¯ It will be interesting to visit this article after all of them are entering the prime. Other than that, nothing to say here. 

S67 - ?

At this moment, Riga has at least 4 draftees that are projected to become VHL players next season: Milan Griffin, ksAleander Rodriguez, Samuel Sparrow and Anthony Amberback. There is a question about Sunny Burst and his plans on his player. Will he want to become a VHL goalie next season or stay in Philly for one more season? Up to him. 

So this would end my breakdown about the former, current and future Riga rookies. During the S61-65 Riga had 14 rookies. In these two seasons, our team is already projected to have 10 rookies at least. Plus maybe Sunny Burst. And we can't forget about S67 picks that I never sold. And I'm not planning to sell them. So this number will be up. Did someone said about the new era in Riga? 

That's it and I'm out. 

6 TPE goes to Randoms. 

Review - I mean, I'm in this one so 10/10.

Just kidding. A couple of click/drag issues (ksAleander Rodriguez) made by mistake, but otherwise well-written and draws on plenty of facts to make things interesting. I did want to see you use your future-telling powers and let us know who you're drafting this upcoming season, but I guess that'll just have to wait.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Rookies in Riga - present and future [1/2]