Olsen looking forward to crucial stretch

CowboyinAmerica

seattle_times_logo.gif

When does a three game stretch for a fourth-place team one-quarter of the way into the season become extremely important? When that three game stretch features presumably winnable games against Vasteras (twice) and Helsinki, and that team is a Seattle Bears squad that is currently underachieving.

“I’m looking forward, not back,” Seattle Bears winger Karsten Olsen told reporters after practice. “I think that we can beat these guys coming up. Honestly, we may not have much of a choice.”

Coming off a huge shootout win against North American Conference rival Toronto, Seattle will first play conference-leading Quebec in their next game. Following that, though, comes that three game stretch that the Bears are placing such importance on. For Olsen, the key comes in the offense.

“I only have six assists; that’s not acceptable,” Olsen said. “I need to learn how to better play with my linemates and get back to what works: quick passing, highly-efficient hockey.”

Originally expected to be a point-per-game scorer or more, Olsen has only posted 15 points in 18 games thus far. If his offense can pick up in this stretch, then it could be the spark he needs to turn his season around. And if not? Well, let’s just say we don’t want to be in the streets of Seattle in that case.