Marlins First Line Overview

Big Mac

This is going to be a player review of the 1st line of the Marlins making history baby. 

So I'll just go with the Vet Center, Edgar Tannahill.

Strengths: 

Scoring: While Tannahill isn’t a highlight player. In my opinion he has the best scoring chance on the Marlins(80 TPE). He definitely holds the puck well when he shoots and seems to find the open places on the net. So far this season he has 11 goals in 15 games and that might change tonight. He’s been shooting well which is helping the Marlins so far.

Defense: While Tannahill isn’t guarding upclose to the net, his defense is definitely up there for a winger. He has even blocked a couple shots with 6 Blocked. He’s definitely making the defensemen reconsider shooting off the slapper. Which is great for the Marlins. Moving on to the next one. 

Skating: Tannahill has made some very few mistakes on the ice. It’s been hard for the defender to hit him, and it’s due to his skating. When he skates he’s dodging a bullet. He speeds through the enforcers then makes his went up to the net then tries to put it in. While I wouldn’t say he’s a figure skater talented player. He’s not a bad skater either. He’s not top tier ,but he’s definitely up there. 

Good and useful strengths from Tannahill he’s a good locker room presence.  Great guy to keep around

Weaknesses: 

Checking: Tannahill had a good season hitting the bodies last year, but this year he hasn’t gotten his hits. Last year he had 89 hits in 65 games, great and great. This year 2 in 15, the drop is major. It’s not super affective, and if he maybe spices some up in checking then put some TPE in Defense we’re looking at a stud here. Hopefully he’ll get better in this aspect of the game. 

Discipline: While Tannahill hasn’t been sent to the box right now it’s kind of obvious he’s a ticking time bomb. Right now I’m just waiting for the man to get 5 PIMS for a fight. Something crazy will happen maybe even a suspension. When Tannahill is calm everything seems to go his way. The marlins are lucky that he hasn’t had any box time. The line is luck he hasn’t had any box time. 

Not much other important weaknesses other than Faceoffs Support which not many wingers even update so far so good. Next player up Phil Marleau. 

Name: Phil Marleau 

Strengths: 

Scoring: Marleau has had as much goals as Russian winger on his team Mikhailov the only difference is one if supposed to be the playmaker. Marleau has been a suprise out of popping out of no where and no one really knew anything about him, but the Marlins took a swing at home plate and hit a home-run (baseball fans might get that). He’s been great this season it’s a nice tribute to the NHL player Patrick. Both are just electric at their best. Let’s hope more great things from Phil. Let’s go Marlins

Checking: 52 hits in 15 games. I’ve never seen a playmaker enforce quiet like this. It’s been great he’s knocking players away from the puck. Helping his teamates make nice recoveries. Just overall being great. He almost has more hits than ACL TEAR maybe he can lead the league. Something that would be nice for the Achievement Tracker which I recently learned about. Hopefully he’ll keep up the energy and stamina to hit then with the puck, and just produce greatness. 

Skating: His skating is well great just like I said about Tannahill top ten in the league and definitely up there. He’s been simply outstanding and if you don’t think he’s good you’re wrong he’s great matter of fact. So think about that. Also if you’ve noticed his counterpart to this will be mentioned in this list so please keep reading and tell me if anything seems inaccurate or if I had a typo. So like I said for Tannahill also he’s not a figure skater level but he’s definetely up there. So far so good. 

Weaknesses: 

Passing: Marleau for a center has terrible passing. Some how he’s making it work and is sliding off the puck like it’s nothing which is very smooth. It’s usually ugly or goes misdirected or something happens. Though he’s working on it somehow and someway it happens to go to his teamate. For a center as I said he needs to work on it desperately Marleau if you see this man love you but up the passing mate. 

Discipline: As captain Marleau has the right to argue with the refs about calls. 50% of the time the calls are about him and 100% of the time they go through. Marleau has had 35 PIMS and for a guy who checks a lot he needs to calm down on his checks. I love Marleau, but this is a problem with him. He’s a ticking bomb like Tannahill, but unlike Tannahill he has gone off without realizing it. So he needs to work on discipline for sure. His box time is not helping IR. 

Puck Handling: Not much to say here. Marleau you should work on this more so if you don’t see it here you go @Phil . This and skating are really important and to see that Marleau is killing it with garbage Handling is surprising few players can get by the defensemen with bad handling that all for Marleau and now for the final player (me) Andrei Mikhailov. 

Name: Andrei Mikhailov

Strengths: 

Scoring: Andrei Mikhailov has been simply putting the puck in the net. 6 for 32 isn’t bad. It’s about 18% which isn’t bad at all for a rookie. There isn’t much to say so I’ll be giving two strengths and two weaknesses. He’s definitely a nice help for the boys and hopefully he can help San Diego slide into the play-offs. 

Skating: He’s a natural when he skates is what I have to say he’s just really good. This line is great at skating none of them as I have said are figure skating tier, but they’re are top of the top. The alphas of the pack baby what more do I have to say. Hopefully this has convinced if you not I don’t know what will. 

Weaknesses: 

Defense: While Mikhailov has definetely improved his defense with 2 blocked shots. It’s definetely not superb far from it actually he’s slow getting better and better. With great hopes of becoming a decent defender. Maybe he’ll become more than that. Props,to Mikhailov for going out there and doing his best next up. 

Discipline: Like the other few he’s been bad at holding it in. While this might not seem like a crazy number as he has had 10 Minutes in the box. It seems like it’s going to get larger as he has openly said he refuses to sit with a therapist and learn what self-control is maybe he’ll mature, and learn for the best what He should do. 

Overall

Three great players who are looking to dominate. Will they continue to make history only time will tell. 

(1,096 words claiming for week 19 and week 26)