Someone Help Me

The following excerpt is from a recent interview with Moscow Menace Goaltender Owen May. The entirety of the interview can be found at The Athletic Website:

Preview

[Replying to question What has been going through your head this season?]

"It's honestly been a whirlwind. I feel like I haven't been able to get a firm hold on what I'm doing and have felt like I've been drowning. I've found it very difficult to get up in the morning and come to the rink. I have felt since ever I came back to America, I have done nothing but drown. I've been slipping below the surface time and time again, only coming up for air to keep me alive. I've been reaching out to everyone and I have been trying to get help. You know there's days I make fifty  saves and we lose and there's days I let five in and we win. It's frustrating not having my effort line up on the score sheet. This isn't the type of player I wanna be known as and not the type of player that sticks around in the league for long. I could really use some vetran guidence but that's the thing about being the starter, you gotta be the guy who sets the example, and that's something I just haven't been able to do."