San Diego Marlins Hot Streak

Since the joining of Ryszard the entire team has become a fire not to mess with. 5 Game Winning Streak, and everyone pitching in at the times they need to. Ryszard doing his part with a +5 on the boards in only a few games. Everyone working together well, we caught up with a few players and the manager.

Offensively everyone has been pitching in a lot Rockstar, how does it feel to have a personnel group like this working well together as a team and getting the job done night in night out?

I feel like we have solid lines all the way down the Forward Core, and Defensive Core. We have great leadership in Marleau the acquisition of Franciszek has helped support our defense, and it's working well together. We have improved since the start of the year, and we are hoping to just get better each and every night we play. We have become a real good team, improving and playing our style of hockey.

Marleau, it seems like your leadership has helped the team battle, and helps get everyone confident in their game and chip in when need to, anything you do that has worked over the past week?

Uh, nothing much really just telling them to play our game keeping the team together. Uh, just making players confident in their own game to help us win some hockey games. 

Anything to have on a couple of the games this week?

Uh just getting the pucks in deep, getting pucks to the net. Um, we have done a real good job at getting traffic in front of Goaltenders. We have been doing really good at playing 3 Quarter Ice games keeping tired defenseman on the ice for them getting effective, and prolonged sets of O-Zone time. It's all working well together. Transitional game. Keeping pucks, and traffic out of our zone. Making plays one and done shots for opponents and it's really working well for us. 

Ryszard since joining the team it has become one of the best teams in the league, do you feel you are a big part of that?

Uh, I wouldn't say I am a big part of it. I do my part as everyone on the team does, this is a team sport. No I in Team. Like Marleau said we have been doing good at getting traffic in front, getting pucks deep, 3 Quarter ice games, prolonged O-zone time. I think our transitional game has been the best part of the whole thing, and using hits that are there not going out of position to give the team hard choices to make just making the plays that are their. Everyone on every line is chipping in when need to, and it's helping the team out. Make an ease on our Goaltender to not have to worry about high quality Great A chances. 

Anything over the next week you think needs to be done to keep this going?

We just need to get to our game, play our style pucks deep, 3 Quarter Ice Game, Traffic, Transitions, Prolonged Offensive Zone time. Just trying to keep the same thing going. Try to keep our game going do the best we can at our jobs. It's the only thing we can do, and I feel confident this team can do it right now, and it's a positive thing that gives me confidence.