Janssen Slipping?

solas

Janssen Slipping?

VASTERAS, SWEDEN – With Season 37 marking the beginning of a new season, the Vasteras Iron Eagles hope to overcome the great disappointment that resulted from missing the playoffs last season.  Now 20 games (almost a third of the way into the season), Vasteras sit at third in the weakened European Conference, behind the Riga Reign and ahead of the Cologne Express, the team that ended their playoff dreams in Season 36.  The team seems to be gradually improving, however some believe that what holds the Iron Eagles back is the team’s lack of a star scorer.

Many place the blame for this on team captain Willem Janssen.  Janssen, who logged a career-best 71 points last season, has fallen to below a point per game, despite showing significant improvements in the offseason.  Experts believed that the Dutch forward had the potential to become one of the league’s most dangerous scorers, however he has been unable to score in 9 games, and in that time has added only 6 assists.  “I try not to overanalyze it,” said Janssen of his drought.  “Obviously I don’t hope this turns into anything major that could hurt the team, but right now it’s not on my mind.”