Rauno ´Experience´ Palo [1/2]

jRuutu

realtor-experience-nar-study.jpg

Once so young and talented, now not as young, but still so talented. Rauno Palo, center for the Vancouver Wolves has been playing the best hockey of his VHL career so far in the season, 40 points in 33 games. Some other cool stats: third best center in the faceoff circle and 20 of those 40 points have come on the powerplay, so if and when the same pace continues - this will for sure be a career year for Palo.

What is his secret? New skates, new gloves? I decided to ask that and a few other questions from Rauno after the Calgary game that Vancouver lost 3-1.

Hey Rauno! Tough loss today, what happened?

RP: Not a good day, they were better and I lost a fight, not much left to be said other than that really, need to be better on the next game.

You have been playing on a high level this year, what has changed compared to last season for example?

RP: It´s true, maybe the best start to a season ever for me and the team is playing well, so fun to be a hockey player at the moment! What comes down to what has changed, a lot of young talent came into the team after last year and against all odds, I have managed to take one step forward as a individual. I feel blessed, a complete player like myself getting better? Don´t see that too often.

Many fans over the interweb have been speculating about your new nickname: ´experience´ - where does that come from?
RP: Heh yeah, the guys gave it to me after the training camp. Got 87 as an experience rating, so they thought it fits well. Personally, I don´t mind. I have seen it all and done it all, when you think about the word ´experience´ and what you need to do to earn a nickname like that? I give, give and give, whatever I learn - I make sure I pass that knowledge forward.

A good example is Beau Louth, one day during the off-season he came to me and asked: C-c-can you teach me that backhand shootout move? To that, I said: Kid, I thought you have higher shootout rating than I have? But I did not roast him about it more, I could see he really wanted to learn, so I showed how it´s done and now he has one more move in the toolbox.

Sounds like you have good atmosphere inside the locker room?
RP: We do, everybody in the team is working together and making sure we keep going forward every day, there are no silly or bad questions, everybody helps each other. In the end only thing that matters is Vancouver winning as much as possible, we got a good chance to build something great here - future is bright!

Thank you for your time!

Vancouver is currently sitting on the first place in the North-American division with 19 wins from 33 games, Wolves is also the only team to score over 100 goals so far in the NA side, so easy to see where Palo´s solid numbers come from - the team really knows how to score!

Edited by jRuutu

36 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

A good example is Beau Louth, one day during the off-season he came to me and asked: C-c-can you teach me that backhand shootout move? To that, I said: Kid, I thought you have higher shootout rating than I have? But I did not roast him about it more, I could see he really wanted to learn, so I showed how it´s done and now he has one more move in the toolbox.

Pre sure you asked Beau Louth how to shoot.

20 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Pre sure you asked Beau Louth how to shoot.

Could be, it´s not all about giving - equally important is to receive and be open for new ideas!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Rauno ´Experience´ Palo [1/2]