So you wanna be a goalie [1/2]

SO you want to be a goalie?! I'm here to apologize to you personally as a young goalie in the league. No matter what you do, you will struggle in the VHL.  But I'm here to try to make your VHL experience better! Without further ado my guide to building a better goalie.

Before we dig in here are all the stats that are factored into your play:
Skating

Size

Agility

Rebound

Style Control

Hand Speed

Reaction Time

Penalty Shot

Leadership

Primary Stats

The main four stats that you should address are Rebound, Style Control, Hand Speed and Reaction Time. Any good goalie is one that can make saves. Being able to read shots and deflections are what keeps you in a game. If you want to be successful get these stats high. DO NOT FORGET ABOUT SECONDARY STATS. Primary stats are exceptional but a balanced goalie is a good goalie. With the limited options there's not much "styles" you can use as there are for forwards and defensemen. So to play it safe make sure your primary stats are all well rounded.

Secondary Stats

Skating, Size and Agility are all secondary stats. These stats are more about your movement rather than making the saves. Hence why they are secondary stats. Make sure that these are balanced as well but they don't need to be as high as your Primary Stats.

Not Worth Mentioning

Penalty shot and Leadership mean nothing really. I've had a high penalty shot save percentage despite not having any points put into it. You can put these points in once you hit 99 in the other stats.

To make a longer story short, A balanced goalie is a good goalie. Also, you'll never be good if your defense is poor! So don't beat yourself up. Look to see the shot volume you're facing. There will be games you have a save percentage under .900 and then have a near perfect day. So don't panic.

My Plan of Attack

To start off I would get your primary stats to 60. Once that's done bump up your secondaries to like 45. Then boost up your primaries until you've hit your cap limit for the VHLM. I would then get your primaries to 70 and secondaries to 60. Then primary to 75 and secondaries to 70. Then keep bumping them up by 5 at a time. Once you've reached 99, Do Not Spend Your TPE On Penalty Shot AND Leadership. You will begin to regress before you hit that point. Save up that TPE to prevent the loss of important stats.

Like I said goalies are really all over the place so a bad result isn't the end of the world. For example, Clayton Park has allowed less goals despite being a lower overall. This is because of his defense being more stable. My team is a high flying team that favors our strong offense so we give up more opportunities. Take your team into play and decide whether you're doing a good job

Good Luck!

Review:

A nice synopsis of what it takes to build a goalie in the VHL. It's an opinion piece, not based on research-driven data, but I like that. No one really knows the mysteries of the STHS haha. Nice article and hopefully it gives someone thinking of building a goalie a good place to start! Well done @FacebookFighter :cheers: