Michael Johnson's Journals 2nd Edition

fonziGG

6/15/2019

I woke up at 4:50 am, as usual, and had an espresso. Reason I have one of these is for the quik convenience. Also, I love nespresso. I got ready and packed my bag for the day. I know today is going to be a long day at the training facility.

I hopped in my car and popped on that new Drake song with Rick Ross (Money In The Grave) and some Tory Lanez and bumped over to training. At this point, I’m super hype due to Tory Lanez shouting at me in the car. I get into my locker, and put my stuff away. I grab my phone and headphones and head out to the squat rack.

Typically I’m doing a 2 day program for 6 days in the week. Today is Day A. The 2 days look as following:

Day A:

3x5+ Barbell Rows

3x5+ Squats

3x5+Bench Press

Day B:

3x5+ Chinups

3x5+ Overhead Press

3x5+ Deadlifts

The “+” at the end denotes that the last set is as many reps as possible. I usually don’t go for true muscular failure as I’d prefer to leave some reps in the tank. I also rest 2-3 minutes between sets and if it really winded me I’ll wait till I catch my breath.

I also had 2.5 lbs to every upper body lift and 5 lbs to every lower body lift every day so I can see progression. Also, if I ever do more than 10 reps on my last rep, I’ll double the weight each time until I can lower it back.

This is just my lifting routine. This is the program Shad (the world class head of athletic performance enhancement) had sent over and I’ve been following it religiously. I think with this plan, I’m going to end up with a lot of stamina and strength which is nice. I mean, right now I’m lifting super heavy. The rest of what I do is based on the coaching staff here on Halifax (in terms of lifting weights, of course).

After lifting weights, I’m usually hanging out with the team in the locker room, getting my pads on and wrapping my stick with tape. Unfortunately, today it looks like I’m alone as most of the guys went out partying last night. A few others also have familial commitments so it’ll be fun to practice with the coaching staff. Kind of that one on one session that everyone needs once in a while.

Since I’ve finished all of that up, it's time for me to go out and get some lunch. I’m absolutely starving and they have meat and potatoes today. I’ve recently been a vegan but I went to a family birthday party and I just couldn’t do it, honestly. It was hard to continue being a vegan after the slip up so I’ve slowly reintroduced meat back into my life.

Ah well, that was training today, so I think I’m going to go home and catch some Z’s,

• Commissioner
21 hours ago, fonziGG said:

6/15/2019

I woke up at 4:50 am, as usual, and had an espresso. Reason I have one of these is for the quik convenience. Also, I love nespresso. I got ready and packed my bag for the day. I know today is going to be a long day at the training facility.

I hopped in my car and popped on that new Drake song with Rick Ross (Money In The Grave) and some Tory Lanez and bumped over to training. At this point, I’m super hype due to Tory Lanez shouting at me in the car. I get into my locker, and put my stuff away. I grab my phone and headphones and head out to the squat rack.

Typically I’m doing a 2 day program for 6 days in the week. Today is Day A. The 2 days look as following:

Day A:

3x5+ Barbell Rows

3x5+ Squats

3x5+Bench Press

Day B:

3x5+ Chinups

3x5+ Overhead Press

3x5+ Deadlifts

The “+” at the end denotes that the last set is as many reps as possible. I usually don’t go for true muscular failure as I’d prefer to leave some reps in the tank. I also rest 2-3 minutes between sets and if it really winded me I’ll wait till I catch my breath.

I also had 2.5 lbs to every upper body lift and 5 lbs to every lower body lift every day so I can see progression. Also, if I ever do more than 10 reps on my last rep, I’ll double the weight each time until I can lower it back.

This is just my lifting routine. This is the program Shad (the world class head of athletic performance enhancement) had sent over and I’ve been following it religiously. I think with this plan, I’m going to end up with a lot of stamina and strength which is nice. I mean, right now I’m lifting super heavy. The rest of what I do is based on the coaching staff here on Halifax (in terms of lifting weights, of course).

After lifting weights, I’m usually hanging out with the team in the locker room, getting my pads on and wrapping my stick with tape. Unfortunately, today it looks like I’m alone as most of the guys went out partying last night. A few others also have familial commitments so it’ll be fun to practice with the coaching staff. Kind of that one on one session that everyone needs once in a while.

Since I’ve finished all of that up, it's time for me to go out and get some lunch. I’m absolutely starving and they have meat and potatoes today. I’ve recently been a vegan but I went to a family birthday party and I just couldn’t do it, honestly. It was hard to continue being a vegan after the slip up so I’ve slowly reintroduced meat back into my life.

Ah well, that was training today, so I think I’m going to go home and catch some Z’s,

That's some weak shit.. Add Day A plus Day B then add Day C, D and F because forget E.... then you can say you worked out ;) 

1 hour ago, Acydburn said:

That's some weak shit.. Add Day A plus Day B then add Day C, D and F because forget E.... then you can say you worked out ;) 

Granted theres practice, yoga and cardio sessions also included in his training schedule. Plus I need things to write about

Edited by fonziGG