VHLM Playoffs - Logo Battles

Ace

Welcome to S66 Theme Week! In this “Theme Week” point task, we’re going to be taking a look at the teams in the VHLM Playoffs in an entirely non-analytical manner. We’re going to compare the teams in the playoffs and determine who will advance past the first round and make a large step towards the VHLM’s Founders Cup.

First off, we have the 1st seeded Philadelphia Reapers vs the Minnesota Storm. Let’s dive into this matchup. A Reaper is widely regarded as a spectral being that represents death, and one that literally is the deciding factor in which a life can be ended. The Minnesota Storm is a little less eerie. Obviously a storm can be something as significant as a category 5 tornado, but Minnesota is rarely susceptible to having a storm of that magnitude. Most likely we’re just looking at torrential rains and some minor flooding. I give the edge to death incarnate, the Philadelphia Reapers, in a 5 game series. Don’t mess with death itself. You can’t win.

The second matchup of the first round is the Halifax 21st against the San Diego Marlins. The 21st, as I’ve been informed, has something to do with the welcoming of immigrants to Canada, similar to the USA’s Ellis Island. How Patriotic! Would a large fish with a sword-like appendage on its face prevail? I suppose that the 21st could be interpreted as a large number of people, and based on some rough estimates, there’s far more people in this world than Marlins. If the battle was in the water, with the right equipment, these patriotic Canadians would be in for quite a battle, but they’d ultimately prevail over these large fish in 6 games. Sushi, anyone? I’m in.

Our third series is the Ottawa Lynx vs the Mississauga Hounds. A Canadian lynx can reach anywhere from 40 to 66 pounds at maturity. A Bloodhound (a random hound example) is 80-110 pounds at maturity. Due to simple weight comparisons, I’d say that the Mississauga Hounds have the edge in a tight series. I’d think that the Ottawa Lynx are more quik and agile, but the Hounds’ heavy game will take a toll against the Lynx in a seven game series. Mississauga Hounds are victorious against the Ottawa Lynx in 7. Dogs vs Cats! It’s just like that movie I saw forever ago.

The Saskatoon Wild host the Mexico City Kings in the final first round matchup. A King is nothing without their loyal advisors and subjects, and if there were multiple Kings out in the Wild, without anyone to assist them, they will easily falter. I doubt these Kings will unite and work together either, they won’t be able to put their petty feuds aside or end their squabbling over manners of state. The Wild will envelop them and easily dispatch them in a sweep. Just imagine – 21 crowned men in the woods surrounded by bears, wolves and various other angry critters. How Wild!

Stay tuned for Round 2 – it seems like a good capped point task for next week.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Dogs vs Cats! It’s just like that movie I saw forever ago.

I saw this movie too. Honestly some times I think of it but I feel like it doesn't even exist

Just now, Matt_O said:

I saw this movie too. Honestly some times I think of it but I feel like it doesn't even exist

I can confirm it exists, I sat my daughter down to watch it's sequel on Netflix.