Marvin Harding suddenly retires

.sniffuM

Marvin Harding's interesting career arc seems to have come to a close.

The former Vancouver second round pick announced as much at an impromptu press conference Sunday morning.

"This past year has just felt like going through the motions," Harding said. "It was great to help a great young squad in Davos last season, and I wish them well on their re-tooling, but I don't think I'll have much left in the tank after this season so I figure I'll get it out of the way now and retire."

Harding was drafted tenth overall by the Wolves (then the Quebec City Meute) in the Season 61 draft. That draft was considered very deep at the time, although it looks fairly shallow compared to recent draft classes following the VHL's boom in amateur entries. Across six seasons in the VHL, Harding began as a decent power forward for Vancouver before transitioning to the blueline, firmly entrenching himself in the second tier of quality VHL defensemen. Many were shocked to find Vancouver was able to get top young defenseman Shawn Glade for Harding and prospect Don Draper this past trade deadline, further asserting Harding's value.

The Muffins agency wasted no time, signing goalie A Red Guy from their developmental wing to be their next VHL representative. A Red Guy will be the first goalie the agency will bring to the league since their first successful player, Joey Clarence, was drafted in the third round of the Season 18 VHL Superdraft.

:( Glad to see the recreate though. I was debating going after Harding instead of Lando tbh, but the one season age difference wound up mattering. Still would of been nice to get you me and ADV together for a season though. 

Next player maybe, been to long since we played together.