Reminiscing About Minors Teammates

Renomitsu

Latvia, Riga - It's been a full season since Hackett was drafted by the Riga Reign while watching many of his Saskatoon Wild teammates split up across the nation. The VHLM was a simpler time, without much to worry about aside from where he'd be drafted, and what that might mean for his teammates.

"72 games later and it feels like it's been an eternity, you know?" Hackett was quoted as saying in an off-season presser, "thankfully I get to see them every once in a while on the ice. Most of them went off to Malmo, so I get a good chance to talk to them in Sweden."

Nighthawks GM Advantage drafted multiples of Hackett's minor league teammates, including defenseman Rusty Shackleford, goalie Juan Jaundice, and forward Brian Strong. Winger Shawnomir Jagr, on the other hand, was drafted by Vancouver.

"Yeah, I know, Nethi's been all over the place," Hackett said with a smile, "started with Calgary while still in the minors, now he's over in New York, so it's a little less convenient to speak with him in person. I try to find some time here and there, though. I know it wasn't ideal for me to move up to the majors after such a short time with everyone."

When asked if he expected the group to play together again at any point, Hackett balked a bit. "I mean, I think it's TAMPERING to discuss something like that. I'm happy in Riga, except for maybe that weird ref that the league still hasn't gotten rid of, so they'd probably have to come out here rather than the other way around. I will say I've spoken to the old boss [Peace] though."

Edited by Renomitsu