Wang signs ELC with the Halifax 21st

ColeMrtz

Last night, prospect Jerry Wang officially joined the VHLM by signing and ELC with the Halifax 21st. Wang was offered contracts from several teams, with a range of talent levels/competitiveness. Wang is eligible for the S68 VHLM Dispersal Draft, where the self-proclaimed ‘Singaporean Sniper’ hopes to land himself back with the same team. 

“I didn’t have a lot of high level hockey in Singapore,” Wang said, “so the little bit that I found online was a lot of streaming VHL/VHLM games. Halifax has always been one of my favorite teams to watch, so signing there is like having a dream realized for the first time.”

Aside from the bias he has towards the team, Wang felt Halifax was the best fit for him. “The team has room to play me a lot while still sitting in a competitive position.” Wang said, “Most of the other teams I was getting one or the other, lots of minutes but bottom of the league or no minutes but cup favorites.” Halifax currently sits at 4th in the VHLM with game in hand against the 5th place Houston Bulls and 6th place Yukon Rush. 

Wang exemplifies the fast, flashy game well known NHL stars tend to play with. His speed and scoring ability have had scouts comparing him to Andreas Athannisiou and a CHL Mitch Marner. He’s projected to pan out as a top 6 forward at his peak, assuming his career takes him that far. Wang was offered “top 6 minutes” to come to Halifax, so expect to see him competing very soon.

260 Words