Claimed:Interview with Konstantin Azhishchenkov

d3vilsfire

We were recently able to catch up with star center, Konstantin Azhishchenkov, who had some free time away from the team, and he granted us an interview with him over a cup of coffee at the local café.

hock071378416852_image_982w.jpg

Konstantin Azhishchenkov

1) Are you happy with how the season is going so far both for Yukon and you personally?

After having a season where the team constantly was losing, and missed playoffs by a hair, it feels really nice to be on the other side of the puck. With Yukon, we are battling for first place, have clinched a playoff position, and possibly even contend for the cup. This change of atmosphere is something that I am glad I was able to have here in the VHLM.

Am I happy with myself? Well after talking to the boss in Riga, I was told to develop to be a play making second line center. Personally, I like to score goals, but if the boss wants me to focus on the pass more and creating plays, then I will do whatever it takes for the team.

2) Since Yukon has already clinched a playoff position, how far do you think Yukon will make it in the playoffs? What team do you think will provide the biggest challenge to Yukon's cup aspirations?

I am not going to make any predictions in hopes that I will not jinx anything, but I will say that we have worked really hard this season, so going home without the cup would really suck, and would definitely be a letdown for both the fans and the team. Our biggest challenge will be coming from the Turku Outlaws. After piling on the players for a run at this season’s cup, Turku has become a team to fear. I hold deep respect for their GM, and their players, and actually hope to face them during the playoffs.

3) You've been lucky enough to experience both of the Gow brothers as your GM. In what ways are they similar and different?

Yes, I have been very lucky to have been mentored by the famous Gow brothers, the older Gow brother when I played for Ottawa, and the younger Gow brother where I am currently playing for Yukon. I believe that they are both similar in that both are very enthusiastic about hockey and their teams, but the relationship between the older Gow (flyersfan) and me is more of a friendly, professional relationship, while the relationship between the younger Gow (eaglesfan) and me is more of a jocular, best friend relationship.  

4) Have there been any surprise players on Yukon this year (positive or negative)?

Yes, Don Draper is definitely a positive surprise. My agent (D3vilsfire), discussed with me the prospects that were of interest, and he listed Draper at the top of his list. This intrigued me, as Draper was a late entry to the draft with little history; however, my agent proved why he is one of the best scouts there is in the VHLM. Draper has turned out to be a perfect steal at 10th overall for Yukon. The solid defenseman has helped Yukon tremendously, and he works extremely hard to do well for Yukon.

John-Carlson-100910.jpg

Don Draper

5) Do you think Kimmo Salo has what it takes to be a cup-winning goalie?

I do not see why not. Being taken first overall there is a lot riding on Salo, but I think he can get it done. 

Capitals-Braden-Holtby-Showing-Promise.j

Kimmo Salo

6) If you had to be stuck on an island with one player from Yukon, who would you pick?

Uh, I am not really sure as I have not ever thought about it. I guess it would have to depend on the island to see who would help me the most on it. But I know that Draper would work hard to get us off, so I think I would probably go with him.

7) Are you excited to move up to the big leagues and be on Riga next year?

MOST DEFINITELY YES! I cannot wait to join the Gow brothers along with many other teammates in Riga. I have made many visits to Riga, and I have chatted with everyone and have spent a lot of time with the fans. 

Edited by d3vilsfire

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 2.5/3

7-11 words. This was such a great interview and then BOOM! it shit the bed at the end. What I mean is that it just ended so abruptly without any final question or good-bye statement. That was a letdown after reading a really good interview.

Grammar: 2/2

Nice.

and me = and I

as I have not ever = as I have never

Appearance: 1/1

I liked the color differentiation, however, that first picture was kinda big. Might want to scale them down somewhat.

Overall: 5.5/6

Edited by Svoboda_3

Content: 2.5/3

7-11 words. This was such a great interview and then BOOM! it shit the bed at the end. What I mean is that it just ended so abruptly without any final question or good-bye statement. That was a letdown after reading a really good interview.

Grammar: 2/2

Nice.

and me = and I

as I have not ever = as I have never

Appearance: 1/1

I liked the color differentiation, however, that first picture was kinda big. Might want to scale them down somewhat.

Overall: 5.5/6

happens when i wrote it and published it so close to deadline and after a long week.. i totally understand and now that i see it, i feel really bad.. sorry about that

Edited by d3vilsfire

Content: 3/3 - Agreed with slobo, the interview was actually pretty great but the abrupt ending was killer. I mean, I don't think calls for any major deductions but it did leave some dead air in the reader's head. Good job nonetheless.

Grammar: 2/2 - Found one more error. Nice work!

missed playoffs - missed the playoffs

Appearance: .75/1 - Inconsistencies with the pictures and captions. One caption being a different size, one not being aligned with the picture, it's a small thing but something vital like a picture in an article and seeing that, it looks off.

Final: 5.75/6

Overall: 6/6

• 5 months later...