VHLM Report: Zeno 911

Sullvino

VHL.com 

August 7, 2019 

The VHLM Season 67 Regular Season is 50 games through and when you glance at the scoring race, it is absolutely dominated by one player: Zeno Miniti of the Ottawa Lynx. Zeno has posted an astounding 106 points in 50 games played, consisting of 40 goals and 66 assists. This point total is almost 30 points ahead of the second slot in scoring held currently by Thorny Underyew and Anthony Hawk, both fellow teammates. 

Miniti, the 37th overall pick in the S67 Entry Draft by the Helsinki Titans, is quite frankly on a historic pace. As it stands now, he is on pace for around 152 points which would be the highest regular season point total I saw dating back to at least S60 when I stopped checking. In addition, he is just one point shy of last years VHLM scoring leader Callum MacElroy with 22 games to play. We caught up with a regional VHLM scout who has been scouting for over 10 seasons, who stated: "I've never seen anything quite like what Zeno and the Ottawa Lynx are doing. Zeno is scoring two points a night, at least and Ottawa is outscoring their opponents nearly 2:1. There is definitely something in the water in Ottawa, as we saw a similar scoring burst last season with them. It has been exciting to watch for sure."

Edited by Sullvino