Expansion Location Speculation

VHL Season 68 Expansion

The VHL has recently announced that it will expand. Not just by one team but two glorious teams will be joining the illustrious ranks of the Victory Hockey League. What does that mean for us? You may be asking yourself. It means my friends that it's time for rampant speculation on where these two new teams will be located!

Now a traditional viewpoint would suggest that one North American team and one European team would be added to their respective conferences. That may be the easiest set up to wrap our minds around and quickly organize. I believe a double expansion is indicative of a new age dawning upon the VHL and the time is ripe for breaking with the traditional conference lines. I think the league could benefit from a little shake up, not a major one mind you, and my list of locales takes that into account while trying to also present solid options for those of the league who would like to stick closer to the status quo.

European options would predominantly fall into the more conservative of the choices. Here are a few locations that I believe could be solid options to add into the league.

Belfast- Northern Ireland's capital city and birthplace of the Titanic. Don't let that fact scare you off.

Warsaw- The capital of Poland has a mermaid monument at it's center despite it's landlocked status. Confusing or intriguing you decide.

Prague- Capital of the Czech Republic has the beautiful Charles Bridge spanning the Vltava river. I know first hand how beautiful this city is.

Sz3sZXvT8YY13vMZ2-VjhW7MxNZPVHWQh8ZjmPTeb8cLyPkY0Fclugnk4bVFf8KzKvA1ri5OkOISvWioWm4783W65OWYTWf7IQm3HXq25whsPdzyruVc-go4gq8H9oWkkPZ3Spre

The Americas are where I start to present some locations that are a little off the map.

Yes the choice of Americas as opposed to "North" America was intentional.

Oakland- A part of the San Francisco Bay area and the silicon valley. A hot spot of technology is a very appropriate choice to carry the league into the future.

New Orleans- The big easy is known for its music, cuisine, and festive atmosphere. It just screams fun, even if it isn't a traditional hockey market.

Rio de Janeiro- Speaking of festive Rio is home to the largest Carnival festival in the world. Home to the 2016 summer Olympics and quite possibly a VHL expansion team.

Locations based outside of the Americas or Europe are the biggest stretch when it comes to expansion but tap into markets where growth could be the highest due to that exact same factor.

Tokyo- Japan's capital brings an intriguing mix of rich history and ultra modern influences to every aspect of life. Giving an expansion team options on which direction to go and which conference they could shuffle into.

Hong Kong- A portion of China that was ceded to the British in 1842 with the Treaty of Nanking after the first opium war. A territory that tends to be a little different than it's parental country. An interesting place for a VHL expansion team.

Sydney- One of Australia's largest cities is known more for its seaside tourism than anything else.

bqRMc5_eYMbtqHHIsUgP05Poe1Zi9mrZH34bdaWzYOG57jTDBkmCP92VWePfsrQ7ZVZCJmlzURWZA2ifHOIBVrif-3kfdE0qqyLhY44t8B_YD69cnXsxI4uWxD5m-6mfi6_MjqUJ

I know most of these locations won't be at the top of the leagues list. I would like to point out that a large portion of these locations are major population centers. It could be a breath of fresh air to have some locations further from the north pole. I mean modern technology has allowed teams to thrive in places like Mexico. Why not push the boundaries further?

Claiming for 6 tpe week of 8/18 theme week extra.

Word count 579