ECN's Draft Interviews "Lance Flowers"

FrostBeard

ECN - Copy.jpg

Draft Interview

Lance Flowers.png

ECN is returning this season with another round of Pre-draft interviews with highly valued prospects. Season 68 VHL Entry draft is showing great promise for many teams willing to stack up on players in the draft. Expansion teams and everyone else, get ready to accept Yukon's Star defenceman, a player who has shown to be extremely important for the success of this season's Yukon squad - Lance Flowers. A player who has shown great ability to perform under pressure. L.Flowers currently is sitting with 59 points in 65 games played and has been the best defenceman on Yukon considering he is leading this team in both Hits and Shots blocked.

ECN arranged this interview in a local cafe where Mr.Flowers is used to ordering a full English breakfast. 

- Huge thanks for freeing up some time for an interview. To start off, how would you rank this season for your player?

- Average, I'd say. I'm never going to be the type of player that puts up big stats, just because I've always been more focused on being a facilitator and plugging in where the team needs me best. I'm top ten in both assists and hits as it stands, and while I wouldn't mind being a bit up the charts, I'm not going to complain.
- What do you believe is the best part of you as a community member and LR presence?

- Especially with the agency having been around the block a bit in the VHL, I'd like to think that I provide a more veteran presence and atmosphere right away. I'll give a warning, I'm not the type of be on Discord too terribly often or constantly chatting it up with my teammates. But I have a positive attitude, have helped past teams recruit, and will do what it takes to win.
- Now to the current draft. Which are the teams that you would like to join in VHL with the help of the draft?

- The main thing I've wanted is to go to a team where my agency hasn't had a player before. Considering that there are four teams that have joined the league since Gabriel McAllister retired - Moscow, Malmo and the two new expansions - that should be fairly easy. I'd love to be part of a team chasing its first cup.

- What is more important for you - success no matter what or building a legacy with one team?

- A mix? I have no problem being part of a young team that's clearly building to something, and I take pride in being part of a rebuild with a team that's fun around me. But with that said, there has to be a clear plan: If it's a few years down the road, and you're floundering mid-pack or if just starting a rebuild, I would examine my options at that point.
- In the end, what do you believe will future bring for you and what is that you want to say to GM's looking at you as a potential draft pick?

- I'm honestly not going to be a franchise player or a gamechanger here. There's a distinct possibility that I won't max out my training hours every week. But what you will get with me is consistency: I'm a good bet to be around to help out, put in my work and do what's needed to win. And for a defenseman in a league with a bunch of star forwards, I think that's a good thing to have.

- Thanks for quik interview Mr.Flowers, good luck for the rest of the season!

- Good luck to you too and see you around!

Looking at Mr.Flowers it should be clear - he is true playmaking defenceman that everyone should be looking after this draft. His playstyle varies from what we already saw in Condor Adrienne so we might be looking at two players who both might be targeted by the same teams - the only question is who will be the first one taken?

Everyone on the staff of ECN wishes Mr.Flowers best of luck in the draft and season's yet to come!

People mentioned @CowboyinAmerica