Perrin in Quebec City to help fund autism research

Seabass

Perrin was recently seen in Quebec City over the weekend at a fundraiser diner/meet-and-greet for autism research. Perrin was one of a few VHL players or prospects to attend the event. Perrin, who has a autistic younger brother claims that this is a cause that he takes to heart and to expect to see his participation in the annual fundraiser every year it's held. Perrin was set to only attend to meet with fans and sign autographs with the proceeds going to Autism Research Canada but he ended up speaking a few words at the diner.

" Autism is a issue that becomes ever more common with every passing generation. In the past it was considered rare to have autism today, 1 in 66 children in Canada are diagnosed with autism and if we don't trace the root causes of this disorder it's only going to get worse. It's time to act. "

Perrin also took some time to poke at some of the recent cuts the Ford government in Ontario have made in the health sector, including cuts autism support services in the province. 

Perrin also spoke on the local radio station with hockey analyst Michel Bergeron over the weekend where he urged the VHL to consider awarding a expansion franchise to the city of Quebec. 

"From my understanding Quebec had a team before, I dont know why the team ended up leaving but it's time for this hockey mad city to have another team. The people are ready to support a team, there's demand for it and with there not being a NHL team here I think it's a great opportunity for the VHL to swoop in here to try and steal some of that market in the province of Quebec. "

Edited by Sebster03