Peace stunned at offensive series with Vancouver.

Peace

TORONTO, ONTARIO -- A series between Toronto and Vancouver should have lead to the automatic assumption it would have an offensive nature, given that these two teams lead the VHL in goals throughout the season, but anticipating a defensive showdown wasn't out of the realm of possibility either. The Toronto Legion maintained the gap from Vancouver and finished with thirty four additional goals, but Vancouver's two-hundred and thirty markers was nearly twenty five more than any other team. 

To assume it would be an offensive showdown between two similarly built clubs would have been correct, but it came as a surprise to Toronto's Rylan Peace after his club lost the first game 5-4 to Vancouver. Understanding the nature of the series would be offensively, Toronto adjusted for game two and came out ahead 8-5 to tie the series. Toronto's offensive depth was on full display in game two, but it still took Toronto scoring at least six goals for the victory. 

And for the second game in a row Vancouver had scored five against Toronto. 

"This series certainly doesn't favor the 'tenders," Peace stated. "I'm stunned it's been so offensive. I figured - honestly - that both clubs would try to lock up each others scoring lines but I've been wrong so far." 

Toronto lead game one 4-1 at the end of the first period, but Vancouver's defense cut them off from goals cold turkey for the next forty minutes as they clawed back into the game. Toronto watched in horror as the game went from 4-1 TOR to 5-4 VAN to end regulation and couldn't manage to force overtime despite generally outplaying Vancouver throughout sixty minutes. Toronto didn't have that problem in game two. 

"I suppose it's worrisome, sure." Peace admitted. "I don't think it's viable to keep producing offense like that though, eventually the series will 'come back to Earth' in a sense."

Peace has two goals and two assists in two games against Vancouver. 

Game three and four will be in Vancouver.