Valentino reflects, prepares for VHL Draft

Kekzkrieg

Former Halifax Assistant Captain Luciano Valentino spends the final day before the VHL draft saying farewell to family and friends in Potenza, Italy before boarding his departing flight to attend the main event.

"This is the kind of thing I would dream about as a kid growing up here, to have a chance playing with the pros," Valentino stated. "My time playing for the Halifax 21st is something that I will forever cherish for the rest of my career. All the guys in the organization, both on and off the ice, to the fan base there have treated me with the most respect and professionalism. I think Halifax will always have a special place in my heart," Valentino asserted.

Since Halifax's second round elimination, Valentino left little time to wallow on what could have been a potential VHLM Finals run. Instead he continued to work on his game by still hitting the practice facility, working on his skating and running more drills to keep himself fresh, refined and better equipped for whatever franchise chooses him.

"I honestly don't know where I'm slated or who really wants me," Valentino laughs. "But whatever organization ever gives me that opportunity, to place trust in my game, I plan to work hard to prove my worth and to show that I belong there."

Edited by Kekzkrieg