VHL Life in New York City

Dalton Wilcox

The VHL Life in New York City

Image result for training day

We caught up with Dalton Wilcox after a tough game against the DC Dragons.  He played well but the New York Americans were not able to pull out the victory.  Wilcox, who has 34 points in 35 games in his rookie season in the VHL has made a seamless adjustment since coming up from VHLM.

Dalton told us about how his life off the ice has been:

“You know, it’s been totally awesome.  I’m just living the dream you know, literally.  Since I was young I’ve always wanted to do something in public service, whether as a policeman, firefighter, or even military service.

The NYPD had graciously reached out to me and asked me if I wanted to tag along on a ride along.  I literally had my own version of Training Day. I was paired up with a tough, narcotics officer, but I had some shady feelings about him.  We drove around Harlem busting kids on street corners for smoking weed or crack. But instead of confiscating them, my partner smoked them up.  It was insane! We also broke up some drug deals, but instead of taking anyone away, my partner ended up buying stuff from the dealer! It was unbelievable!  He told me not to tell anyone (but now I’m telling the VHL media) but i shall not name him just in case I need to get into witness protection.

In our drive, I even caught sight of some of our local superheroes.  In Harlem, I saw Luke Cage (can’t miss him). He was singlehandedly lifting up heavy pieces of equipment without machinery with some local construction crews.   In Hell’s Kitchen, I saw a red blur who I am pretty sure was Daredevil. I just saw some horns on his head and sunglasses. It could have been a junkie, who knows?  He didn’t recognize me at all so I doubt he’s a New York Americans fan.

Another day, I was invited to practice with the New York Knicks as they are gearing up for their training camp.  I met newest draftee RJ Barrett. We played some HORSE and one-one-one. Not gonna lie, I actually managed to beat him a few times. Also dummied Julius Randle, who just signed a gigantic contract with the Knicks Coach David Fizdale said I have NBA potential as a shooting guard. I have a nice jumper with range out to the three point line.  I’m a pure scorer, just like my playing style on the ice. Not sure GM @esso would be too happy with me transitioning to basketball! 

After the Knicks practice I met Knicks super fan Spike Lee.  He thought I was the Knicks newest free agent signing after seeing me dummy a few of his guys, and had no idea I was am a hockey superstar.  I convinced him to come out to the next few Americans games. We’re going to be the next big in town, and he didn’t want to miss it!”

Stay tuned as Wilcox tells us more of us playboy hard partying lifestyle off the ice in next week’s installment.