Team Asia announces GM for S68 WJC

Greg_Di

136924741_15169243595281n.jpg

The Team Asia Hockey Committee of the S68 World Junior Championship today announced that a new rookie GM, Greg D, has been hired and is expected to take the team forward in this years tournament.

Greg, a resident of Wroclaw, Poland, is a long time Soccer manager for the Polish Premiere league with Wroclaw. While he has no previous experience in managing in Hockey, he has worked miracles with this tactics in soccer. He has been studying Hockey management for the past few years and is looking forward to this new challenge. Team Asia believed him to be the best choice to take the team forward as he is able to think outside the box, bring in fresh new strategies and get the most out of all his players.

“ This is a fantastic opportunity for me to show the world of hockey that I am capable of being a GM and I look forward to working closely with the Team Asia Committee and the players to reach our goals” Greg Said “ Asia has a wonderful growing hockey population and I am happy to help bring attention to the game of hockey and getting our Asian fans excited by our future hockey stars who currently play in the VHL. I have been working night and day trying to put together a great, competitive roster and I believe once it is announced that fans will really be excited to watch and support us”

The Asian media was not as excited at the new GM announcement and wrote articles asking how could the committee hire an outsider with no Asian background to lead the national team and especially someone who had no hockey experience.

Greg has some thoughts on the media attacks.

“Language issues and cultural differences surely explain part of the attacks,” he reasons. "But I believe I can change the media’s mind once the team hits the ice and I implements my strategy for this years tournament.”

Greg continued as his introduction press conference

“Every country usually plays the same system,” Greg said at his press conference. “It seems like in the tournament you have one team that’s been successful for a year or two and suddenly everyone is emulating everything that they do. Everything from recruiting similar types of players to the same tactic systems. For me, I will not be doing that. I will be building my own team based on what I believe will work with the tactics I intend to put forth. These will all be new and catered to the type of players I selected”

He continued

“I think the challenge for me is to look at what kind of team I have and say ‘OK, who is going to fit our team with the tactics I want to employ. This might mean that I don’t pick the top star players that the media is expecting and this might mean that I will be using some tactics that have never been seen before, but in the end, all the fans and media in Asia will know that we put in 110% effort and we will do what we can to bring home the gold. My goal for the team is a medal, anything short of that is a bust.”

With the media still being skeptical on the appointment, it will be up to Greg to prove them wrong when Team Asia hits the ice.

Many fans and players are awaiting the roster announcement which Greg promises will be coming in the next little while.

The Asian media was not as excited at the new GM announcement and wrote articles asking how could the committee hire an outsider with no Asian background to lead the national team and especially someone who had no hockey experience.

“Language issues and cultural differences surely explain part of the attacks,” he reasons. "But I believe I can change the media’s mind once the team hits the ice and I implements my strategy for this years tournament.”

You will get expelled or jailed at that rate. :) 

9 minutes ago, Elmebeck said:

You will get expelled or jailed at that rate. :) 

Not if we bring home a medal ;)