Johnson on Team Canada and Season

Midnite

The rosters of the upcoming World Junior Cup were announced earlier this week and of the teams, Ricky Johnson, has managed to find himself playing for Team Canada. When asked about it he said:

”It’s every young players dream to be able to represent your country on the ice in the World Junior Cup. At least I feel it is. I’m extremely honored to be given this opportunity to say the least. I feel as though we have a solid roster put together. I’m gonna work hard to hopefully help us come out on top and back to the glory days of S62-64”

Johnson currently plays for the Philadelphia Reapers in the VHLM. When asked how his current season with them is going he replied:

”It’s been tough I can tell you that. After a promising last season, we’ve had a rough go in our current one. It was almost to be expected though. I mean with a change in management and a handful of players entering into the big league, it was hard to see us really remaining as big of a threat as we were in the past. It’s all part of the process though. We’re still a team with a lot of passion and fight. I’m hoping to make this last season with them a good one”